Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Japanese clubs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 188
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: Japanese clubs   Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:14 pm

TITW wrote:
golfcoma wrote:
How about prgr and yamaha?

Am using PRGR forged. Formerly using Mizuno MP52. No way are they comparable. PRGR is so much forgiving and 'buttery' . Comparing to Mizuno, I now use less effort to get flying & the feel is great. But definitely not inexpensive; but for that quality...... u hav to decide, really. For me, i did not regret paying tt $$$

Cheers

Which PRGR are you using?
Back to top Go down
Ryan Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 210
Join date : 2009-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Japanese clubs   Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:07 pm

golfcoma wrote:
How about prgr and yamaha?


i'm using yamaha v forged iron and inpres x v4.6 driver. the irons r soft, forgiving and definitely workable. the new v forged is damn swee.. i think its abt 1600 during the recent isetan sale. If u need distance on irons, try out the D steel or D black, this maraging steel face iron can go half to one club further, with good spin too..
The inpres x V driver has a deeper face compared to the D model. The D model is forgiving and long.. worth the dollar..

also check out:
http://www.yamaha.co.jp/product/golf/
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 188
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: Japanese clubs   Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:13 pm

Ryan Lee wrote:
golfcoma wrote:
How about prgr and yamaha?


i'm using yamaha v forged iron and inpres x v4.6 driver. the irons r soft, forgiving and definitely workable. the new v forged is damn swee.. i think its abt 1600 during the recent isetan sale. If u need distance on irons, try out the D steel or D black, this maraging steel face iron can go half to one club further, with good spin too..
The inpres x V driver has a deeper face compared to the D model. The D model is forgiving and long.. worth the dollar..

also check out:
http://www.yamaha.co.jp/product/golf/

I haven't tried any yamaha clubs but have heard great things about them. The inpres X V forged tour model looks pretty darn good!
Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 192
Join date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Japanese clubs   Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:21 pm

golfcoma wrote:
TITW wrote:
golfcoma wrote:
How about prgr and yamaha?

Am using PRGR forged. Formerly using Mizuno MP52. No way are they comparable. PRGR is so much forgiving and 'buttery' . Comparing to Mizuno, I now use less effort to get flying & the feel is great. But definitely not inexpensive; but for that quality...... u hav to decide, really. For me, i did not regret paying tt $$$

Cheers

Which PRGR are you using?

GN502Forged
Back to top Go down
Ryan Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 210
Join date : 2009-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Japanese clubs   Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:25 pm

golfcoma wrote:
Ryan Lee wrote:
golfcoma wrote:
How about prgr and yamaha?


i'm using yamaha v forged iron and inpres x v4.6 driver. the irons r soft, forgiving and definitely workable. the new v forged is damn swee.. i think its abt 1600 during the recent isetan sale. If u need distance on irons, try out the D steel or D black, this maraging steel face iron can go half to one club further, with good spin too..
The inpres x V driver has a deeper face compared to the D model. The D model is forgiving and long.. worth the dollar..

also check out:
http://www.yamaha.co.jp/product/golf/

I haven't tried any yamaha clubs but have heard great things about them. The inpres X V forged tour model looks pretty darn good!


yes, damn chio.. but i think i read somewhere, they only make 1000 set for the tour model, so not sure is it available in Sg.. when i was in Jpn, they also do not retail the tour model.
Back to top Go down
uncleteh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 32
Join date : 2010-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Japanese clubs   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:17 am

try PRGR Egg and Honma irons .... feel the difference~! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Japanese clubs   Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:50 am

I tested the Fourteen TC550 yesterday at Isetan. My only impression....Soft..... very very soft.
I thought Mizuno and Ikasu was soft. This is much much softer that i felt like you are using sponge attached to an iron hitting golf balls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Japanese clubs   Today at 4:17 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Japanese clubs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Japanese clubs
» US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs
» Can anyone explain the magnitude of Japanese player salaries to me?
» Honma Clubs, good ?
» Mizuno clubs

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.