Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Wedges for ladies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 319
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 38
Location : Toa Payoh

PostSubject: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:17 am

Are there wedges for ladies? Intending to buy one as gift for my wife's bday.
I know the usual wedges are usually selling men's wedges only.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:35 am

Wedges for ladies are available but few distributors here carry them. You may try Pan West for the Cleveland ladies model which they do carry, or you may place an order for them. You could try placing orders with the other distributors as well. Or perhaps shop around Far East SHopping Centre.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3011
Join date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:30 am

Birdman is right in that these are quite rare. Cleveland has the pink CG series, but i doubt if Pan West carries them anymore..

My wife has a pair of 52 and 56 Taylormade RAC TP 'Y' Groove wedges fitted with a custom japanese ladies graphite shaft and upgraded golf pride ladies grips. I know she wants to sell these, so if you're interested, let me know.
Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1214
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 31
Location : ::nowhere::

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:08 am

ok wad are the difference between wedges and normal irons?
Back to top Go down
fredc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 160
Join date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:16 am

Pan West has ladies CG14 wedges. Got a 56 for my wife some months back. Women's wedge come with graphite shaft to make it lighter then mens'
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 1549
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : in my lil' head.

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:56 am

cristel wrote:
ok wad are the difference between wedges and normal irons?

simply put: they are usually of a higher loft which means that the ball will go higher and shorter. It will generally have more spin as well so that the ball doesnt 'run'. lay-man enough? hahaha!! Sorry! Hope my explanation helps. =p

wedges are usually from 48degrees. (Guys.. correct me if I'm wrong here).. so it will cover the distance from your PW onwards. So let's say your PW goes ard 90m (full swing) and its only 70-75m to the pin/green, you can use the 58degree wedge to cover that distance (with a comfortable full swing) instead of a 3/4 or 1/2 swing on your PW.

Hope this makes some sense. Very Happy

_________________
"Some days, the whole world seems upside down. And then somehow, and probably, and when you least expect it, the world rights itself again."-- Grey's Anatomy
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 319
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 38
Location : Toa Payoh

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:58 am

Here's the thing... Dunno how to buy for her without her testing..... I go scout first and bring her to test but tell her too ex next time then buy. lol....
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 319
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 38
Location : Toa Payoh

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:01 am

One more thing about ladies wedges, are there higher lofts like 60 and onwards? Since most ladies has lesser strength in the arms, higher loft can help also to get the ball out of the sand from the bounce?

During the PC test, i saw my fellow flight mate and my wife struggling with the sand wedge from the set. So thought of getting one with higher loft.
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 1549
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : in my lil' head.

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:03 am

scheming. NICE. Hope your plan works bro...
Better than me la. I just steal clubs. =p.. *oops!!!

_________________
"Some days, the whole world seems upside down. And then somehow, and probably, and when you least expect it, the world rights itself again."-- Grey's Anatomy
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 319
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 38
Location : Toa Payoh

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:05 am

joleelyn wrote:
scheming. NICE. Hope your plan works bro...
Better than me la. I just steal clubs. =p.. *oops!!!

Its her bday this month. So get something nice for her and bring her to a game followed by dinner. bounce
Not to mention a larger scheme to get her more interested in golf.
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 1549
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : in my lil' head.

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:14 am

aural wrote:
One more thing about ladies wedges, are there higher lofts like 60 and onwards? Since most ladies has lesser strength in the arms, higher loft can help also to get the ball out of the sand from the bounce?

During the PC test, i saw my fellow flight mate and my wife struggling with the sand wedge from the set. So thought of getting one with higher loft.

dun think so. i think the club fitters would know better. =) they might be able to tweek the loft a lil'.

_________________
"Some days, the whole world seems upside down. And then somehow, and probably, and when you least expect it, the world rights itself again."-- Grey's Anatomy
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 319
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 38
Location : Toa Payoh

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:16 am

joleelyn wrote:
aural wrote:
One more thing about ladies wedges, are there higher lofts like 60 and onwards? Since most ladies has lesser strength in the arms, higher loft can help also to get the ball out of the sand from the bounce?

During the PC test, i saw my fellow flight mate and my wife struggling with the sand wedge from the set. So thought of getting one with higher loft.

dun think so. i think the club fitters would know better. =) they might be able to tweek the loft a lil'.

ok, but nevermind buy the highest loft i can get first then say. lol. This month is going to be fun.
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 1549
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : in my lil' head.

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:19 am

aural wrote:
joleelyn wrote:
scheming. NICE. Hope your plan works bro...
Better than me la. I just steal clubs. =p.. *oops!!!

Its her bday this month. So get something nice for her and bring her to a game followed by dinner. bounce
Not to mention a larger scheme to get her more interested in golf.

hahhaa
custom fit stuff. colours... make sure she likes the 'equipment'.. that should get her started. =p. if you have the money, there's no end to it. But then again... money dont fall from trees. so...... hold back a lil' k? hahahahaa. if she wants or prefers. then come down to ssn to know the other ladies. I think that ladies would feel a bit urm 'pai say' to play with guys sometimes. After a while, once she gets used to it.. you'll be on plenty of golfing holidays.. hahhaa.

p.s: dun force. golf is not for all ladies. Sweaty, playing for min 4hrs under the scorching sun, playing with dirt. not to mention digging sand./ building sand castles. HAHA...

_________________
"Some days, the whole world seems upside down. And then somehow, and probably, and when you least expect it, the world rights itself again."-- Grey's Anatomy
Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1214
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 31
Location : ::nowhere::

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:35 am

ok.... next qs can?

What is hybrid difference from Iron and drivers/wood???

I was told that iron has different swing from drivers... and now i am starting to complicate my swing...
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 1549
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : in my lil' head.

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:41 am

hybrid is a cross between a wood and an iron. it's apparently easier to hit than a wood (I haven tried it for myself so I cant really say much about it)

As far as I know, yes, they have a different swing. Which is why when I was starting out I didnt bother using my woods/driver. Got my irons contacting well first and then moved on to the woods/drivers.

My advice would be just keep practising your irons first. they are much easier to hit anyways. And golf is complicated enough. U dun have to get you brain scrambled even more heh heh... Then when u think that you are more or less consistent, get the intermediate lessons to work on your woods. then the driver. (This is just my opinion---u might want to consult your coach)

Like i have PROVEN (this is directed at a certain someone--not u) ... 7iron is a power club okie. hahahahahahhaaaaa...

ROFL

_________________
"Some days, the whole world seems upside down. And then somehow, and probably, and when you least expect it, the world rights itself again."-- Grey's Anatomy
Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1214
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 31
Location : ::nowhere::

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:44 am

Sad i dun have a coach... and the weird part is i get my driver swing right, but not my iron. -.-.-.-
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 1549
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : in my lil' head.

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:48 am

girl.. go get a coach. seriously. it's better than u figuring things out for urself. hahaha.

Irons is hitting DOWN motion .... last time i scared to 'hurt' the mat. so dun hit down. then irons all chui. kena scolded by coach and uncles: WHY?! the mat will feel pain is it?!?!?!.. LOL!!

_________________
"Some days, the whole world seems upside down. And then somehow, and probably, and when you least expect it, the world rights itself again."-- Grey's Anatomy
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 488
Join date : 2009-09-07
Location : EW23

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:51 am

cristel wrote:
Sad i dun have a coach... and the weird part is i get my driver swing right, but not my iron. -.-.-.-

be more gu lat and go SSN every wed... there will be plenty of pple willing to give u some tips...
Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1214
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 31
Location : ::nowhere::

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:53 am

i want aso cannot lar... every day like work until 11pm.... and my darling cannot go at night Sad
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:57 am

aural wrote:
Here's the thing... Dunno how to buy for her without her testing..... I go scout first and bring her to test but tell her too ex next time then buy. lol....

Aural, as I understand, both of you are beginners. I will come direct and said this. Even for me, a seasoned beginner, I still don't have much feel about wedges to say this is very good or whatever. I only buy popular brands like Titleist and Clevelands and the lofts I required. For me, I go for cosmetic look rather than playerbility. Doubt a beginner can tell which is better feel which is not. Sorry to be blunt. So my advice is buy one which you think she will like because of its cosmetic appearance and according to your budget. Though I sound blunt but what i said is the truth.
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 258
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 29
Location : london

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:20 am

Do they have Vokey female wedges?? or you could just get an vokey and reshaft it with a graphite shaft which would be very good for a your wife
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 319
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 38
Location : Toa Payoh

PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:24 am

Tituman wrote:
aural wrote:
Here's the thing... Dunno how to buy for her without her testing..... I go scout first and bring her to test but tell her too ex next time then buy. lol....

Aural, as I understand, both of you are beginners. I will come direct and said this. Even for me, a seasoned beginner, I still don't have much feel about wedges to say this is very good or whatever. I only buy popular brands like Titleist and Clevelands and the lofts I required. For me, I go for cosmetic look rather than playerbility. Doubt a beginner can tell which is better feel which is not. Sorry to be blunt. So my advice is buy one which you think she will like because of its cosmetic appearance and according to your budget. Though I sound blunt but what i said is the truth.

Thanks for pointing that out. I truly agree that the feel good factor has to be there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Wedges for ladies   Today at 8:08 am

Back to top Go down
 
Wedges for ladies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» lie angle of wedges
» Cleveland CG16 Wedges
» Taylormade xFT Wedges
» Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?
» stohlquist drysuit (ladies)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.