Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2715
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 30
Location : EEEEAAAASSSSTTTTT

PostSubject: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:26 pm

YESS!! i have just passed my courtesy rd today! FINALLY!! Long long waited!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:34 pm

Bro, thot you low hc player all along!?

Still, congrats man!
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2715
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 30
Location : EEEEAAAASSSSTTTTT

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:17 pm

haha me not low hc la...
hahah thx anyways!
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3011
Join date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:47 pm

Doesn't everyone pass? Well, assuming you don't hit the instructor on the head with a flying 7-iron anyway... Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:24 pm

Hey Aloyboy,

First of all, to think that you need to go thru this is totally ridiculous.

Secondly, you been playing in NSRCC rite...so what the deal with needing to go thru this rd?
Back to top Go down
tohkh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 82
Join date : 2010-08-01
Location : Jakarta

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Dunno why must have this, and dunno when ill be able to do this.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:34 pm

asahi wrote:
Bro, thot you low hc player all along!?

Still, congrats man!

Does one need to have a driving licence to prove you can drive? ROFL

Congratulations on getting the etiquette right in your courtesy round aloyboy.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:50 pm

tohkh wrote:
Dunno why must have this, and dunno when ill be able to do this.

The courtesy round is just that, about courtesy on the course. No one says you must say please or thank you, just as it's not part of the rules to apply courtesy on the course, BUT, it should and must apply since a new golfer like yourself is probably not aware of the following courtesies on course conduct.


Wait till the flight in front is clear before you tee off

To shout 'fore' or 'ball' as a warning loud enough for the golfers in front to hear should your ball head dangerously in someone's direction.

Keep up with the flight in front so as not too delay the flights behind you.

Allow flights from behind playing faster than you to play through should you be holding them up for more than five minutes for any reason.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Rake the bunkers, repair ballmarks, replace divots, standing behind players, keeping silent and still while another is about to hit, being ready to hit the moment it's your turn, not stepping on another's line, dragging feet on the green.....

Need I go on tohkh? How many of the few I've just mentioned are you aware of? Very Happy

Treat your courtesy round with as much respect as you expect from others, the courtesy round is an important one that teaches you only the very basics so you will respect other golfers as much as you would expect them to respect you.

More importantly, it teaches you to respect and care for the course which in turn will reward you with course conditions you would love to return and play on.

Too many have forgotten that golf is a gentleman's game.

Have I answered your question tohkh? Smile
Back to top Go down
Hayn
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 14
Join date : 2010-09-14
Location : NE

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:05 pm

[Too many have forgotten that golf is a gentleman's game]

YOu've pointed out one of the or THE spirit of the game..
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:07 pm

Birdman wrote:
tohkh wrote:
Dunno why must have this, and dunno when ill be able to do this.

The courtesy round is just that, about courtesy on the course. No one says you must say please or thank you, just as it's not part of the rules to apply courtesy on the course, BUT, it should and must apply since a new golfer like yourself is probably not aware of the following courtesies on course conduct.


Wait till the flight in front is clear before you tee off

To shout 'fore' or 'ball' as a warning loud enough for the golfers in front to hear should your ball head dangerously in someone's direction.

Keep up with the flight in front so as not too delay the flights behind you.

Allow flights from behind playing faster than you to play through should you be holding them up for more than five minutes for any reason.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Rake the bunkers, repair ballmarks, replace divots, standing behind players, keeping silent and still while another is about to hit, being ready to hit the moment it's your turn, not stepping on another's line, dragging feet on the green.....

Need I go on tohkh? How many of the few I've just mentioned are you aware of? Very Happy

Treat your courtesy round with as much respect as you expect from others, the courtesy round is an important one that teaches you only the very basics so you will respect other golfers as much as you would expect them to respect you.

More importantly, it teaches you to respect and care for the course which in turn will reward you with course conditions you would love to return and play on.

Too many have forgotten that golf is a gentleman's game.

Have I answered your question tohkh? Smile

And may I add......declare one's handicap truthfully!.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:13 pm

asahi wrote:

And may I add......declare one's handicap truthfully!.

lol!

Bro, that one lost cause oredi. ROFL

You'll have more success getting the sun to rise in the west and set in the east. geek
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 1549
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : in my lil' head.

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:36 pm

yay aloy!!

_________________
"Some days, the whole world seems upside down. And then somehow, and probably, and when you least expect it, the world rights itself again."-- Grey's Anatomy
Back to top Go down
tohkh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 82
Join date : 2010-08-01
Location : Jakarta

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:51 pm

Birdman wrote:
tohkh wrote:
Dunno why must have this, and dunno when ill be able to do this.

The courtesy round is just that, about courtesy on the course. No one says you must say please or thank you, just as it's not part of the rules to apply courtesy on the course, BUT, it should and must apply since a new golfer like yourself is probably not aware of the following courtesies on course conduct.


Wait till the flight in front is clear before you tee off

To shout 'fore' or 'ball' as a warning loud enough for the golfers in front to hear should your ball head dangerously in someone's direction.

Keep up with the flight in front so as not too delay the flights behind you.

Allow flights from behind playing faster than you to play through should you be holding them up for more than five minutes for any reason.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Rake the bunkers, repair ballmarks, replace divots, standing behind players, keeping silent and still while another is about to hit, being ready to hit the moment it's your turn, not stepping on another's line, dragging feet on the green.....

Need I go on tohkh? How many of the few I've just mentioned are you aware of? Very Happy

Treat your courtesy round with as much respect as you expect from others, the courtesy round is an important one that teaches you only the very basics so you will respect other golfers as much as you would expect them to respect you.

More importantly, it teaches you to respect and care for the course which in turn will reward you with course conditions you would love to return and play on.

Too many have forgotten that golf is a gentleman's game.

Have I answered your question tohkh? Smile

Yes I know all of them and I've always done all of them on the course! =)
There's also things like declaring ball which is used to prevent hitting wrong balls, and other general things such as helping other golfers including those not in yr flight etc etc.....
thanks for your reply! it's great to hear from other experienced members!

haha..... im not against the courtesy round, just that it's sometimes a hassle to arrange for it. =/
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:52 pm

Hayn wrote:
[Too many have forgotten that golf is a gentleman's game]

YOu've pointed out one of the or THE spirit of the game..

But how quickly we forget.... Crying or Very sad

Which is why the few that remember should always endeavour to help our newer brethren.

Wah... is it Sunday already? ROFL
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:57 pm

tohkh wrote:

Yes I know all of them and I've always done all of them on the course! =)
There's also things like declaring ball which is used to prevent hitting wrong balls, and other general things such as helping other golfers including those not in yr flight etc etc.....
thanks for your reply! it's great to hear from other experienced members!

haha..... im not against the courtesy round, just that it's sometimes a hassle to arrange for it. =/

Cool tohkh! Two thumbs up for you man! Very Happy

Hassle to arrange, true... but not as much hassle to wake up at 5am for golf in JB right? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1386
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 77
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:04 am

I was thinking what "Courtesy Road" is about .... So desu~~

Thanks to Birdman for the explanation. cheers
Back to top Go down
Tian
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 496
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Singapore, East

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:11 am

Bro finally no "Please tee off from the white tee box" sign on our buggy ever again...

Great job.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:09 am

Congrats Bro.
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2715
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 30
Location : EEEEAAAASSSSTTTTT

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:38 am

HAHA!!

thx guys.. wondering wat index will i get =P good putt
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:39 am

Birdman wrote:
Hayn wrote:
[Too many have forgotten that golf is a gentleman's game]

YOu've pointed out one of the or THE spirit of the game..

But how quickly we forget.... Crying or Very sad

Which is why the few that remember should always endeavour to help our newer brethren.

Wah... is it Sunday already? ROFL

Yo Bird, itching to get saddamed ah!?

Hehe ROFL
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:33 am

A Scud missile up my behind is too big a wedgie for me to swallow, no thanks. White Flag
Back to top Go down
rangereye
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 647
Join date : 2009-08-11
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:42 am

I second Asahi's motion!!! cheers cheers

"Fren-ly" game with Birdman .... All of us agst him and his bird family that comprise nothing less than his birdies cousins, eagles nephews, albatross uncles....... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.wizgolf.com.sg
rangereye
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 647
Join date : 2009-08-11
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:42 am

opps, almost forgot...

CONGRATS ALOYBOY!!! Now get back to the blue tee to tee off.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wizgolf.com.sg
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:53 am

rangereye wrote:
I second Asahi's motion!!! cheers cheers

"Fren-ly" game with Birdman .... All of us agst him and his bird family that comprise nothing less than his birdies cousins, eagles nephews, albatross uncles....... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Haha... bro, you disappear off the face of the earth for so long, then suddenly hatch from dunno which egg and spout instigating words like that... how can?

When you hatch, first thing you must say is 'Mummy' or 'Daddy' right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:54 am

golfjoy wrote:
I was thinking what "Courtesy Road" is about .... So desu~~

Thanks to Birdman for the explanation. cheers

Ur welcome, and by the way it's Courtesy Round. No colour cannot see ah? ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   Today at 4:13 pm

Back to top Go down
 
PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!
» Tn Adventure Tourism act 1205 now signed and passed into law!
» Sultan Johor just passed away (Those going into JB please be careful)
» HCP test passed
» BMW 740 series FOR BARCLAYS OPEN

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.