Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:45 pm

Sorry guys, just have to vent my fustration today. I happen to join my friend for a game in Malaysia today. I cannot believe my eyes, one of the flight mates, used blade irons, and alot of tour stuff and claim he is a single hcpper. So i was looking for a day which i will learn quite a few tips from this strong golfer... but instead, i come to realise that he is a unhonest golfer. Hole which he blow, he writes bogey, and those putts that we save give, he didnt consider that given stroke as a stroke. I am utterly disgusted with such golfers. There is no shame playing big headed clubs, or normal stock regular shaft. But to play a game with those high end equipment and don't write the real scores..... that is really disgusting. Buayas i know but this kind of golfer... i got no words for it...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:50 pm

Shameless golfers with one common feature as a buaya.....thick hide.

Tough day you had bro.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:52 pm

How can he claim to be a buaya.... i dun mind playing with buayas at least i see some skills and also learn the art of asking for strokes.. but for such players... who write those "if i hit it correctly" score... PUI.... no respect!!!
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2789
Join date : 2010-05-10
Age : 31
Location : In YOUR fairway...

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:18 am

bro duffadder, be grateful that at least you did not get paired up with some joker like i did...

i had to play with a man that quoted every single rule in the book but somehow when it was his turn, the rules don't apply... and the best part of it all was that he proudly told everyone after the game that he shot a (unhonest) 80 but would have shot lower if his playing partner (me) played more lively...
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 889
Join date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:57 am

Haha...welcome to the WORLD!
Why in the 1st place do they want to play golf?!
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3469
Join date : 2009-11-04
Age : 41
Location : Live beside the King

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:40 am

Get used to it already. As long as there is no betting involve, I don't give a damn what they write on the card.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:01 am

shamusan wrote:
bro duffadder, be grateful that at least you did not get paired up with some joker like i did...

i had to play with a man that quoted every single rule in the book but somehow when it was his turn, the rules don't apply... and the best part of it all was that he proudly told everyone after the game that he shot a (unhonest) 80 but would have shot lower if his playing partner (me) played more lively...

If I were you.... I would have told him off in his face. Such players doesn't deserve any mates in his flight man.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:37 am

If there is any consolation, can I nominate myself to be shortlisted to play with you ...bro duffader?

you see, I see myself as having quite opp similarities with the chap you played with:

#1 I don use blade,
#2 I have nothing that even resemble pro... so ...of coz nothing resembling tour,
#3 I am even shy to reveal my HCP coz I don believe it too,
#4 for holes which I blow , I tell pretty much the whole world...especially my flight mate...hahaha


hahahah...ok , on a serious-er note.....cool bro.....there are good and bad in life.....just like my golf philosophy, if you meet one bad rotten apple, it means the next few will be good ones....(especially if I get shortlisted...hahaha)
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:48 am

Duval_S wrote:
If there is any consolation, can I nominate myself to be shortlisted to play with you ...bro duffader?

you see, I see myself as having quite opp similarities with the chap you played with:

#1 I don use blade,
#2 I have nothing that even resemble pro... so ...of coz nothing resembling tour,
#3 I am even shy to reveal my HCP coz I don believe it too,
#4 for holes which I blow , I tell pretty much the whole world...especially my flight mate...hahaha


hahahah...ok , on a serious-er note.....cool bro.....there are good and bad in life.....just like my golf philosophy, if you meet one bad rotten apple, it means the next few will be good ones....(especially if I get shortlisted...hahaha)

I will be more than glad to play with a "seasoned Beginner" like you. Can't wait to witness your short game as i have always hear so much about it.
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2916
Join date : 2009-11-24
Age : 37
Location : Anywhere Comfortable

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:49 am

duffader wrote:
Duval_S wrote:
If there is any consolation, can I nominate myself to be shortlisted to play with you ...bro duffader?

you see, I see myself as having quite opp similarities with the chap you played with:

#1 I don use blade,
#2 I have nothing that even resemble pro... so ...of coz nothing resembling tour,
#3 I am even shy to reveal my HCP coz I don believe it too,
#4 for holes which I blow , I tell pretty much the whole world...especially my flight mate...hahaha


hahahah...ok , on a serious-er note.....cool bro.....there are good and bad in life.....just like my golf philosophy, if you meet one bad rotten apple, it means the next few will be good ones....(especially if I get shortlisted...hahaha)

I will be more than glad to play with a "seasoned Beginner" like you. Can't wait to witness your short game as i have always hear so much about it.

I oso wanna play! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 915
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 56
Location : bukit

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:54 am

Duffader bro intro him to me and i will stroke his ego gently till he will not forget, but I feel you should review his name or some form of identity of his, so we will all know. PEER PRESSURE will shut him out!
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:06 am

alvin7379 wrote:
duffader wrote:
Duval_S wrote:
If there is any consolation, can I nominate myself to be shortlisted to play with you ...bro duffader?

you see, I see myself as having quite opp similarities with the chap you played with:

#1 I don use blade,
#2 I have nothing that even resemble pro... so ...of coz nothing resembling tour,
#3 I am even shy to reveal my HCP coz I don believe it too,
#4 for holes which I blow , I tell pretty much the whole world...especially my flight mate...hahaha


hahahah...ok , on a serious-er note.....cool bro.....there are good and bad in life.....just like my golf philosophy, if you meet one bad rotten apple, it means the next few will be good ones....(especially if I get shortlisted...hahaha)

I will be more than glad to play with a "seasoned Beginner" like you. Can't wait to witness your short game as i have always hear so much about it.

I oso wanna play! bounce bounce bounce

Alvin7379, I already long await your jioing liao. Short game specialist plus a super long hitter flight, I think will be a solid outing for me to witness.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:08 am

and68low wrote:
Duffader bro intro him to me and i will stroke his ego gently till he will not forget, but I feel you should review his name or some form of identity of his, so we will all know. PEER PRESSURE will shut him out!

Cap, i do not thing its worth mentioning such a player. I even felt disgusted mentioning his name.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3248
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 41
Location : Serangoon Central

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:15 am

I oso want to learn from the short game specialist...
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1071
Join date : 2009-09-08
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:17 am

u quietly go msia play golf.. never jio us.. its retribution my frd..

on top watching u... Razz
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:18 am

Agumon wrote:
u quietly go msia play golf.. never jio us.. its retribution my frd..

on top watching u... Razz

Hahahha... hopefully the retribution ends yesterday and not continue for tomorrow..... Smile
Back to top Go down
klt8144
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1207
Join date : 2010-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:19 am

That is GOLF!! People display their character. Like what ChrisD said, as long there is no betting, why give a damn!!! I played once in Daiman medal tournament. there was this young guy, when we T-off, he lost his ball in the water, but come to the end he say he got boogie, obviously cheat... and the partner on my buggy played no better then me, after submitting the score cards, Mad my goodness, his score better than me... learn how to get used to it after sometime...
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 915
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 56
Location : bukit

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:55 am

Well, reading from the above thread, to live and let live on golf(cheating or dishonesty) means we are encouraging all the not so "honest" to go on with their ways ! At minimum, if we do see such incident, we should at least mention it to him or make known to all. Well, i do understand the confrontational part of it ! But do try or at least show your displeasure or shock LOOKs !
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1103
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:03 am

cool man. Golf is a game of integrity and it's a game where you fits your self against the course.
I will really have no qualm. You might want to remind him his scoring method is wrong and he might ignore it.
but in the end of the day, you yourself know what is your real score and how good you can really play. Don't worry about it to much, there is always looser in this world.

Hope you get a better experience next time!
Back to top Go down
garfield
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 217
Join date : 2009-09-13
Location : Latitude: 1º22´ North of the Equator, Longitude: 103º48´ East of Greenwich

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:07 am

and68low wrote:
Well, reading from the above thread, to live and let live on golf(cheating or dishonesty) means we are encouraging all the not so "honest" to go on with their ways ! At minimum, if we do see such incident, we should at least mention it to him or make known to all. Well, i do understand the confrontational part of it ! But do try or at least show your displeasure or shock LOOKs !

Agree with and68low. Had my fair share of bad encounters which make my blood boils. At monthly medal game, I will insist on a four-way exchange of score cards so as to discourage cheating. At social game, I will just mention and make known so we all learn from it.

USGA Rule
1-3. Agreement to Waive Rules
Players must not agree to exclude the operation of any Rule or to waive any penalty incurred.

Penalty for Breach of Rule 1-3:
Match play — Disqualification of both sides; Stroke play — Disqualification of competitors concerned.

Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1368
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:09 am

duffader wrote:
Agumon wrote:
u quietly go msia play golf.. never jio us.. its retribution my frd..

on top watching u... Razz

Hahahha... hopefully the retribution ends yesterday and not continue for tomorrow..... Smile
Hahahhaa.. Who go Msia play golf never jio....
To prevent such "retribution" yesterday I oso submitted my scores, although it was a freak day with extra lucky breaks and bounces; so I feel kind proud that I "respected" the game and submitted my actual scores... hahaha albino
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3623
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 45
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:14 am

Bro,

I also in Malaysia yesterday leh..Look on the bright side, at least you learn something from thsi so call"Single HCCP".. DUN BE LIKE HIM !! IT IS ANNOYING & DISGUSTING.
If suay suay , you play with him again, insist on finishing the putt, no give. Every hole ready out his score and embarass him if he count wrongly. Bet you, he won't dare play with you next time..hahaha...
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1071
Join date : 2009-09-08
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:17 am

SS ...

usually for u from 200 m out its already a 2 strokes gimme
Back to top Go down
syard-txv
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:48 am

duffader wrote:
Sorry guys, just have to vent my fustration today. I happen to join my friend for a game in Malaysia today. I cannot believe my eyes, one of the flight mates, used blade irons, and alot of tour stuff and claim he is a single hcpper. So i was looking for a day which i will learn quite a few tips from this strong golfer... but instead, i come to realise that he is a unhonest golfer. Hole which he blow, he writes bogey, and those putts that we save give, he didnt consider that given stroke as a stroke. I am utterly disgusted with such golfers. There is no shame playing big headed clubs, or normal stock regular shaft. But to play a game with those high end equipment and don't write the real scores..... that is really disgusting. Buayas i know but this kind of golfer... i got no words for it...
No wonder he is a single hacdicapper... Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3623
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 45
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:57 am

Next time you play with him, you play , tell him your score is 2 - 3 - 4 lah.
Par 3 - 1 tee - putt,
par 4 - 1 drive, 1 chip , 1 putt
Par 5 - 1 drive, 1 ptch, 1 chip, 1 putt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Today at 10:16 am

Back to top Go down
 
Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!
» Repercussions of missing a high school game for league play
» Mcdonald's All American Game this Wednesday on the Score!
» JB Saturday AM 18h game on 16/01
» Honest John

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Golf Academy :: Golf Rules & Etiquette-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.