Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Which team are you supporting?
Team USA
27%
 27% [ 11 ]
Team Europe
54%
 54% [ 22 ]
Team which has prettier wives/girlfriends
19%
 19% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 41

AuthorMessage
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:44 pm

think to pin all faults on mahan is not right.... team USA lose cos they lose 5 points on session 3

nobody like to lose but i would never find faults with any of my teammates....same with golf n soccer n other team sports

ppl who does dun know what team sports is about.....
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:45 pm

pushslice wrote:
aiyooh TFP, win in grace loose in grace. Where's the shame? What's war got to do with this? I hope you're joking Wink

Of course joking lah... but i'm happy as hell that Europe won.. make no mistake about that! Smile
Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:46 pm

Furyk? How abt Mickelson? He redeemed himself only on last day, imo
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:46 pm

My FAV US golfer = NONE of them
My most disappointed US golfer = ALL of them
My most unassuming US golfer = NONE of them
My most underated US golfer = NONE of them (all are pretty much overrated)
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

Wah Slinger, agreed man.

Can I have the honor to partner u next time we play 4bbb?

Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:53 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Mahan will probably regret it for the rest of his life that he screwed up and let his country down. Nicholas has his moments, its now Mahan's. As much as I am mad at him, I am just as sorry for him.

if i were mahan, i wouldnt.... he did the best he can but shit happens, just make sure u come back stronger...which i think he will

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:57 pm

S70B wrote:
Wah Slinger, agreed man.

Can I have the honor to partner u next time we play 4bbb?

can, but where got 4bbb.....

i will try to keep up with u.... i think i can (good news rite)

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:58 pm

"Stonefaced Kid" Fowler, "Big Tummy" Overton, "Super Steady" Stricker, "Best Captain's Pick Ever" Poulter, "Big Mac" GMac and "Lord of the Manor" Donald are THE best players from either side.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:04 pm

Bro, not with that chip.... He blew it big time.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:04 pm

Ole ole ole ole....ole ole

Congratulations Europe. cheers (Have always supported Europe)
Cheers Jump

Last edited by mloy on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PinkPanther
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:11 pm

Wooohooo!!! EU FTW!!
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:13 pm

And I thought that only mere mortals will duff shots like that Rolling Eyes
Now I know that pros will duff shots Razz
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:14 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Bro, not with that chip.... He blew it big time.

well its not like he makes those chips for the last 4 days...

ever wonder u making those chip when the game is on the line...

its too easy to sit in front of the TV n criticize...
Back to top Go down
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:23 pm

First time watching the Ryder cup. Must say its more exciting that I expected it to be, lots of wonderful shots that make you go Shocked
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:31 pm

Thinking about this from side line, we in asia already have such strong views. Come daytime, the american media and forums, would have probably have hell of a time with this.

Imagine if Tiger would have done that... Nike's tag line would have been changed to.... Just duff it.

Ha ha ha...
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:06 am

aiya... Tiger would never do such a shot especially if he knew the camera was on him... now mahan on the other hand... sighh... terrible terrible golfer... but i have to say, finally something goes dustin johnson's way... the poor guy missed out twice already but he really gunned down kaymer in a convincing fashion... i hope he does better next year...
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:42 am

Interesting statistics that I got from golfwrx.

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:43 am

slinger wrote:
think to pin all faults on mahan is not right.... team USA lose cos they lose 5 points on session 3

nobody like to lose but i would never find faults with any of my teammates....same with golf n soccer n other team sports

ppl who does dun know what team sports is about.....

I agree. I think it's not fair to blame it on Mahan, though this is the easiest route to take. The US team didn't play well. How TW and Stricker lost so badly on Saturday is still shocking. I think the US team (as a whole) didn't play as well. They had opportunities to take the lead but didn't capitalize.

To be honest, I think the EU team got a bit lucky. They were a little too cocky coming into the last round with such a big lead. They thought that the cup was in the bag but frankly, the US team rallied and did well to get to where they ended up.

It's just too bad that Mahan had to shoulder the responsibility of winning it for the team. I'm sure it's hard enough when the pressure is just for you to win, but when you're winning for yourself, your team and your country, the pressure must be insane.

I think Mahan didn't play too badly overall... he just played a bad shot towards the end. He's human after all.

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:59 am

shamusan wrote:
aiya... Tiger would never do such a shot especially if he knew the camera was on him... now mahan on the other hand... sighh... terrible terrible golfer... but i have to say, finally something goes dustin johnson's way... the poor guy missed out twice already but he really gunned down kaymer in a convincing fashion... i hope he does better next year...

Sham... the pressure is immense, i am not shocked even if Tiger duff that shot. Being in a competition is always like this. Like what Slinger said, in team competition, never blame anybody in the team. That's the same spirit in Team BFG. I felt the alot andrenalin pumping into me during my first tee shot in the BT league even if its just a novelty cum competition. So i can imagine how fast hunter's heart was pumping.

But i learn a lesson watching this ryders.... never give up and never be complacent in the game of golf. Things can turn around so fast and my player of the touranment will be Rickie Fowler. At a young age, he was able to hole 3 crucial putts in the last 3 holes to halve E. Molinari. Amazing composure and focus...... I think that is always something that americans sportsman are always stronger.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:34 am

Actually I don think Tiger was anytime been in pressure cooker....he either got the game pretty much wrapped up ...or gone case liao as in the 4-ball with Westwood/Luke....

In the latter, he did chunk the ball.....(Pls don doubt me, I know what is chunk...it happens all the time to me...hahaha)

Fm strategy wise, I tot Corey did rite...when he kind of heavy load his front to catch up the gap.

one thing, I have learnt is that par 4 can be played as par 3......wah piang, luv that hole...everybody take driver out....
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:38 am

Duval_S wrote:
Actually I don think Tiger was anytime been in pressure cooker....he either got the game pretty much wrapped up ...or gone case liao as in the 4-ball with Westwood/Luke....

In the latter, he did chunk the ball.....(Pls don doubt me, I know what is chunk...it happens all the time to me...hahaha)

Fm strategy wise, I tot Corey did rite...when he kind of heavy load his front to catch up the gap.

one thing, I have learnt is that par 4 can be played as par 3......wah piang, luv that hole...everybody take driver out....

That hole amzaingly is only visible from the competition tee and slightly visible from the blue tee. Trust me.. i know that course pretty well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:51 am

ok.....after a stupid US media saying that US is nonchalant...now we have this:

Quote :
Quote :
NEWPORT, United Kingdom – With the tears of his teammates spilling around him, Phil Mickelson described the United States’ Ryder Cup defeat on Monday as one of the most painful moments of his career.

Mickelson, a veteran of eight Ryder Cups, was able to keep his emotions in check following Europe’s nerve-wracking one-point victory at Celtic Manor, but his words conveyed a sense of disappointment that shattered any notion that the Americans don’t care about this event as much as they should.

Maybe we should introduce the Saddam-concept to them....its a very team-oriented and very focus on one single TARGET.

PS: Trust Phil to say such things.....he is after all ' Media Poster boy'. TW will just need to hire Phil's PR person
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:01 am

I think they would play better if they had played Big Snakes / Small Snakes Razz

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:49 am

On a bright side, the last day shows that Tiger still have what it takes to be No 1. His 7 birdie and an eagle shows that he back in his good ole form. All is no lost for him.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:00 am

Well done to both teams. fight till last hole and only 1 point diff. One of the better entertaining golf tourny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Today at 5:54 pm

Back to top Go down

Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next