Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:39 am

just want to clarify, i know tian. i have met him before. nice chap. no argument about that.

i just could not see what he is trying to do. and it actually sort of irritates me.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:49 am

I think Tian is just merely stating that he saw in a website selling at $4.40 and he ordered some to try and will give feedback. And if its fake no heartaches as its only $4.40. If I know Tian, he is not that kind of a person who is trying to undercut anyone, he is just merely sharing his find.

On an another note. I agree that if we buy something from a reputable dealer it would be the real stuff. They won't do any monkey business as they have their reputation to think of.

Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:55 am

Happen to find this while surfing. The top is Original, bottom is fake.

Last edited by Khorkar on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:24 am

i think i may not be clear in my reply above.

i know tian is not in it for the money. but i am not sure if someone else is...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:32 am

I am just confused.....

all I am looking for is something that can help me with other aspects of my game ie Long game, short game, putting, driving, reading of green......
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:34 am

sry ah.. I also belive that Tian is just sharing the link that someone in the internet is selling it at that price, and by the looks of it.. it is fake.

But it is just a good to know and sharing of things found on the net. Same thing.. SKINS selling for $100 over and other similar products is going for 20++.. though quality might not be good.. and this and that.. end of the day it is up to the consumer to think and make decision. The thing is as long as it gets the job done in the eyes of the consumer. Moreover SKINS is made in China....

My interest in this is purely to see of the 4.40 is real or fake.. but chance are.. it is fake lah.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:35 am

Duval_S wrote:
all I am looking for is something that can help me with other aspects of my game ie Long game, short game, putting, driving, reading of green......

That one is call 'Pro'.
Back to top Go down
Tian
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:51 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
i am saying alot of things here based on assumption. but that is becuz this came to my mind...

1. wad is tian trying to accomplish?
2. did he think about possible outcomes after his post?
3. if tanglewire is not selling lower price than market, why is he selling then?
4. and for a new person in the forum, why is he 'sharing' this lobang with others he barely know?
5. is there really a person so kind hearted?
6. ok. if we can establish 3 and 4 to be of commercial reason, then how much is he earning?
7. wait. we can sell stuff here for profit and commercial? or is someone not reading rules again.

Bro MC, do read my first post carefully and you will find that ALL your questions are redundant.

Furthermore, this thread is placed under equipment reivew and not marketplace. Like all the other nice bros and sistas who have read the thread carefully, it is very clear that I'm SHARING what I found rather that wanting to profit from the folks here.

Aiyah, share lobang also kenna questioned. Maybe I should just keep such stuffs to myself next time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:53 am

ok. maybe my suspicions are unfounded. sorry for creating wooha on your thread.

also to be clear AGAIN. i know u are not doing it for money.
Back to top Go down
JL_chong
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:56 am

Khorkar wrote:
Can anyone confirm this video? Mine looks like the one below... But I've done the test and it works. Anyone can confirm if what you are wearing yours is from a reputable shop?
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:02 am

hahaha.. peace liao hor...

Just my suspicion... I went into the site and look at the pix...FAKE...Look at the words POWER.BALANCE. beneath the there is the words PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGY. Now the "performance word shud start just beneath the "dot" and not below the "E" in POWER.BALANCE..

Just for sharing and happen to read this while trying to find out what is the in the original and Fake. Think only a specific equipment in testing frequency wil be able to detect a original and fake.

Cheers..and be Happy...
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:05 am

JL_chong wrote:
Khorkar wrote:
Can anyone confirm this video? Mine looks like the one below... But I've done the test and it works. Anyone can confirm if what you are wearing yours is from a reputable shop?

This video is good for knowledge but diff to tell as Hologram will reflect light in diff angle and the two bands are not in the same position and we also do not know the lighting position.but it is a good info but really difficult to tell. to make it mre confusing.. the logo sometimes can be seen form by smaller letters "PB"...hehehe
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:21 am

Quote :
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
ok. maybe my suspicions are unfounded. sorry for creating wooha on your thread.

also to be clear AGAIN. i know u are not doing it for money.

hug hug....kiss kiss !!!! Beer

Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:21 am

thank you everyone for their inputs...

Tian and KK for the video.

i have asked my staff to check the authenticity of the products that we were helping to sell.

in the event that there is anything amissed, full constitution including compensation will be made. in the meanwhile sales of any such item will be suspended.

this is the first time i am writing on the product itself and i am as anxious as everyone out there to find out more.

the first thing we need to do is go buy a few and compared them.

will keep you guys posted.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:23 am

Very Happy

Bravo boss!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:20 pm

DGman wrote:

i have asked my staff to check the authenticity of the products that we were helping to sell.

in the event that there is anything amissed, full constitution including compensation will be made. in the meanwhile sales of any such item will be suspended.

this is the first time i am writing on the product itself and i am as anxious as everyone out there to find out more.

DGman

Tks Eric for the clarification. At first I thought you were approached by Power Balance Singapore to sell on their behalf as you are a reputable shop so there should not be any doubts on it. With your clarification, everything is clear now. As I have checked around, those shops selling the originals are VERY reluctant to give any discount if any at all. So anything cheaper then that, please take it with a pinch of salt. Just my observation. I have also bought some of those selling around $5 per piece just to compare to the ones I bought from a fellow GR here. Guess what?? Nothing different at all in physical outlook.
Back to top Go down
pink panther
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:42 pm

DGman wrote:

DGman

Hi Boss,

Thanks for your verification but how to prove to you as i have bought 3 pcs from BFG OCC by paying cash and without any invoice given

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:48 pm

walau eh !!!!!

how come this thread now become so complex ???

I just want to know which one to buy to improve my long game.....so tht I can do a slight draw
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:01 pm

Tituman wrote:

Tks Eric for the clarification. At first I thought you were approached by Power Balance Singapore to sell on their behalf as you are a reputable shop so there should not be any doubts on it. With your clarification, everything is clear now. As I have checked around, those shops selling the originals are VERY reluctant to give any discount if any at all. So anything cheaper then that, please take it with a pinch of salt. Just my observation. I have also bought some of those selling around $5 per piece just to compare to the ones I bought from a fellow GR here. Guess what?? Nothing different at all in physical outlook.
No offense Tituman... I would assume that there would be no physical outlook difference as its not very hard to manufacture the bands and holograms

Few years back... there were imitation Livestrong bands that flooded the market!!!
Back to top Go down
waterlily
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:25 pm

Khorkar wrote:

It's just my 2 cents thought:

The top looks more a fake than the bottom.

I have brought 1 that look like the bottom band & I've done the few tests on their wedsite & they worked. If it's a fake, then those test won't worked, right?!?!?

At $69, $45 or $4.4, to buy or not to buy, it's still your decision. For me, at $40+, it worked for me & still better than paying $69.
Back to top Go down
jocheang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:23 pm

ok honestly, the active ingredient is a hologram image. just a hologram, that is supposed to produce some sort of frequency that is supposed to encourage core strength and balance of the individual.

i've bought a genuine one for my dad, and the test worked on him. but to me, it seems like all a placebo effect. the power of the mind is strong, and the tests that are being run on individuals are flawed because the individuals dont know the full scope of the test, and so when they perform the balance test the second time, of course their mind is more prepared to withstand whatever pressure is put on their bodies.

to me, the best test was this one carried out on youtube, where power balance failed miserably when carried out by actual power balance officials:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yd0Gb9EgkHA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yd0Gb9EgkHA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

so it's really a matter of the power of the mind.

i don't fault power balance for producing such a product though, it's a great idea and they've got the right people to endorse it so as to make it popular. good fashion statement too. the likes of ian poulter, david beckham, etc are wearing them.

it's a good substitute for the livestrong band that was the craze a few years back, and hey, if it injects some of that extra "boost" in your mind to make you perform better, why not right?
Back to top Go down
jocheang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:24 pm

oops sorry for the broken link. here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd0Gb9EgkHA

dunno how to make it playable from the thread itself.

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:36 pm

There you go Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
jocheang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:37 pm

thanks man. haha enjoy everyone.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:22 pm

Khorkar wrote:

Bro KK, if you continue to read, someone claims that he is working for PB and claims that the top one is the new model and the bottom one old model which had been faked all over the world. That is why the new model came out. Wow...this subject is going places. Also in the test, from people who observed more closely and claim this is a scam. They said during the balance test without the PB, please noticed the direction of the pull downward but also outward. When with the PB in physical possession, the pull downward but forcing inward towards the body. In this case, inward pull will definitely strengthen the balance rather than caused unbalance. Just get someone to try it out with you whether its true or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Today at 1:26 am

Back to top Go down

Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next