Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:24 pm

Thanks, I enjoyed the video Smile

Wonder if the $4bucks band will have the same effect if it is a mind thingy? But anyway, there are many things in life that gives "hope" and really motivated changes. This could be just one of those. So it ain't that bad if look at from that perspective.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Hello bro Samt, no time no see...

Actually, after wearing, my backache gone. Whether it is the real thing or not, as long my back no more ache.. I am happy and it means the thing work, be it becos of the frequency in the Hologram or be it placebo effect...hehehe...
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Bob, long time no see too!!!

Ya lah, thats what I say lor. If it "helps", why bother if real or fake. If it does not even do a shit thing, even real is a waste of money rite?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:51 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
Tituman wrote:

Tks Eric for the clarification. At first I thought you were approached by Power Balance Singapore to sell on their behalf as you are a reputable shop so there should not be any doubts on it. With your clarification, everything is clear now. As I have checked around, those shops selling the originals are VERY reluctant to give any discount if any at all. So anything cheaper then that, please take it with a pinch of salt. Just my observation. I have also bought some of those selling around $5 per piece just to compare to the ones I bought from a fellow GR here. Guess what?? Nothing different at all in physical outlook.
No offense Tituman... I would assume that there would be no physical outlook difference as its not very hard to manufacture the bands and holograms

Few years back... there were imitation Livestrong bands that flooded the market!!!

Nothing offensive in my post nor yours bro Jon so don't have to say that la. Anyway, I have discarded my Livestrong band now that I have the latest PB ha ha. Just a fashion statement to me .... lol!
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:53 pm

Yalor...If it does not work, free i also dun want..I rather wear the yellow type which armstrong wearing..hehehe
Back to top Go down
pink panther
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi all,

I don't care how other thinks about it. For me i do not want to get cheated to get a fake stuff especially from a reputable company.

Who do not want a best deal out of it.... But it is not right to sell fake stuffs.

Ping Golf
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:40 pm

pink panther wrote:
Hi all,

I don't care how other thinks about it. For me i do not want to get cheated to get a fake stuff especially from a reputable company.

Who do not want a best deal out of it.... But it is not right to sell fake stuffs.

Ping Golf

Its just like a golf game when your golfmate obviously in a lost ball situation and suddenly behind the bush he says, found it and its on a good lie.... or even go in water, walk there and suddenly a new ball appear. Just hate the feeling of being cheated.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:55 pm

hahaha...Bro next time, to treat this type of cheater, you hit your second shot and walk onto the green. bend down into the hole and say, Hi Mate, it is a eagle..
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:42 pm

pink panther wrote:
Hi all,

Ping Golf

Can you elaborate ? who sell fake stuff i.e from a reputable company. I also dont want to... tell us leh so we will not get cheated.
Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:39 pm

Relax guys, why not wait for Eric to check and get back to us. I am sure he will do all the necessary checking since this thing pop up. Peace
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:01 pm

errrr...suggestion......to all, lets not quote names or give any implied statement........

because this is a bloody long threads and depending on where one starts reading, it will give a diff story.

PS: I just want to find a wristband that can help me to do a slight fade off tee.
Back to top Go down
pink panther
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:02 pm

I believe he will check out properly........... Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:15 pm

An interesting day so far.....

first we called the shops listed on facebook to check about availability and most of them were out of stock. we managed to buy one but its the old model. we have taken photos of this.

then we send someone to the head office and show them the ones we were consigned to sell versus the one that we bought at $69.90. no one there was able to help us to authenticate the products.

in the evening we managed to buy one (the new model) in the north part of singapore. again we showed the staff both bands and they were not able to authenticate them. as we will only get it tomorrow, we can only take photo and examine the bands tomorrow.

we will take photo and post them. i will give me take on this and if the products that we were selling is not right, we will make sure you get your full refund plus compensation as promised.

pink panther no worries, every sale is recorded and if you do not have receipt, i am sure our staff will remember you.

last but not least i will be busy for the most part tomorrow and will update you when i get the chance on wednesday.

however if anyone is not willing to wait till wednesday, please contact Frostee and ask for your full refund. No questions asked.

thank you for your patience.

DGman

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
pink panther
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:26 pm

DGman wrote:

first we called the shops listed on facebook to check about availability and most of them were out of stock. we managed to buy one but its the old model. we have taken photos of this.

then we send someone to the head office and show them the ones we were consigned to sell versus the one that we bought at $69.90. no one there was able to help us to authenticate the products.

in the evening we managed to buy one (the new model) in the north part of singapore. again we showed the staff both bands and they were not able to authenticate them. as we will only get it tomorrow, we can only take photo and examine the bands tomorrow.

we will take photo and post them. i will give me take on this and if the products that we were selling is not right, we will make sure you get your full refund plus compensation as promised.

pink panther no worries, every sale is recorded and if you do not have receipt, i am sure our staff will remember you.

last but not least i will be busy for the most part tomorrow and will update you when i get the chance on wednesday.

however if anyone is not willing to wait till wednesday, please contact Frostee and ask for your full refund. No questions asked.

DGman

Thank you boss and will wait for you to update me.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Exigence78
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:30 pm

[quote="waterlily"]
Khorkar wrote:
Happen to find this while surfing. The top is Original, bottom is fake.

It's just my 2 cents thought:

The top looks more a fake than the bottom.

I have brought 1 that look like the bottom band & I've done the few tests on their wedsite & they worked. If it's a fake, then those test won't worked, right?!?!?

At $69, $45 or $4.4, to buy or not to buy, it's still your decision. For me, at $40+, it worked for me & still better than paying $69.

Hi there, I have used the Powerbalance for 2 months and I bought mine from Motion Sports @ Paragon.

It resembles the one on the top.

When I first bought it, I also felt that it was purely a placebo effect and to verify genuine or fake, I went back to Motion Sports to check out all the bands. They resemble the one at the top.

Just some sharing - placebo or not, if it works for you, it's a psychological edge and this edge is something that even people are willing to spend millions on in order to win:P

But somehow, I feel that Phiten works better cos I have used that since 2007:)
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:37 pm

[quote="Exigence78"]
waterlily wrote:
Khorkar wrote:

I have brought 1 that look like the bottom band & I've done the few tests on their wedsite & they worked. If it's a fake, then those test won't worked, right?!?!?

At $69, $45 or $4.4, to buy or not to buy, it's still your decision. For me, at $40+, it worked for me & still better than paying $69.

Hi there, I have used the Powerbalance for 2 months and I bought mine from Motion Sports @ Paragon.

When I first bought it, I also felt that it was purely a placebo effect and to verify genuine or fake, I went back to Motion Sports to check out all the bands. They resemble the one at the top.

Just some sharing - placebo or not, if it works for you, it's a psychological edge and this edge is something that even people are willing to spend millions on in order to win:P

As in my earlier post, the top PB is the latest model. The bottom one is the old model which seems to be counterfeited by every other counterfeiters on earth. Thats the reason why the new model came about.
Back to top Go down
pink panther
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:08 pm

[quote="Exigence78"]
waterlily wrote:
Khorkar wrote:

Hi,

May i know how much did you paid for the PB as i also want to buy from Motion Sports @ Paragon.

Thanks

Ping Golf
Back to top Go down
pink panther
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:21 pm

DGman wrote:

DGman

Hi Boss, I know you are busy but any update on the PB.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:26 pm

MC, i think you over-reacted a little on this, maybe a tad defensive since BFG is selling this product as well. But Tian's post was just to point out what he found, he never made any comparison with BFG or any other seller in this forum about this product or even attempt to undercut them. Thats my view from reading. There was no defamation or malice in his post.

Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:32 am

Maybe subconsciously I am little defensive because BFG is involved. I cannot help it, I guess. My relations with BFG and Master needs no explanation.

I actually drafted a lengthy reply for this, but after reading it through, I decided that this thread is not worth it. I can save my thesis efforts for the golf stuff. That is where the masses here really get to benefit from it.

I rest my case here and chose to move on.

I will most definitely explain myself more to tian the next time I see him and shake his hand. But pls do not expect me to kiss him. I will leave that to someone else here. Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:26 am

eiji is absolutely right...no point being defensive unless you are the supplier...and i assure MC is not...haha.

in fact i did not think much of the PB until i saw Tian's posting and i ask my colleagues to probe further, so thats valuable and KK video helps too.

pink panther, be patient, we have taken pictures and ask several individuals to come in, feel and test them before i can give everyone an update and unbiased report.

i expect us to be able to complete our insights and post a reply by today.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:03 am

this could be a publicity stunt like the bear one! now everyone knows power balance bands are sold at BFG!

Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
pink panther
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:25 am

DGman wrote:
eiji is absolutely right...no point being defensive unless you are the supplier...and i assure MC is not...haha.

in fact i did not think much of the PB until i saw Tian's posting and i ask my colleagues to probe further, so thats valuable and KK video helps too.

pink panther, be patient, we have taken pictures and ask several individuals to come in, feel and test them before i can give everyone an update and unbiased report.

i expect us to be able to complete our insights and post a reply by today.

DGman

Hi Boss,

Tell you the truth, I bought 3 pcs PB ( 2 for myself and 1 for my GF ).
For myself i had wear it for the past 2 weeks and it seem to work well for me and i also can used it as a fasion wear, but i do not want ppls to say that i wear a fake PB ( that why i need your clarifications ).

But for my GF is different case, the moment she wear it for 2 days. She had been complaining to me that her hand tend to numb and pain on the hand that she wear the PB. Since then she had remove it and the pain and numbness is gone.

Hope to have your understanding and also your patience.

Regards
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:59 pm

Hi pink panther,

The product may not be suitable for her.
Just to share an example.

My colleague bought a phiten product with high dosage (think it is rated 100 in terms of grade) for the intention to cut down on the aches at her neck area but the problem was not resolved and she even suffered headaches and insomnia

After she switched to grade 30 or 50 of the same phiten product, then theses side-effects did not come by and her aching neck got better.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:17 pm

I think MoreChees bitchiness is because someone called BFG a "so called reputable shop" it is too many pages back for me to search who, but I thought that was a cheap shot too, especially as Eric had already stated investigations were underway and full refunds would be given if found to be fake.

My cent and a half! + gst! Beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Today at 10:56 am

Back to top Go down

Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next