Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:23 pm

with all products like Qlink, Phiten and now PB (which i have not tried for long period of time). there are individuals who find it useful immediately and some who have numbness, etc.

Asahi is right in a way but for some people they will experience discomfort like staying awake at night, too much energy.

But if the wearer persevere, the effects will come later for most.

DGman

i should be posting response of the PB by this evening.

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:23 pm

is it the same as Ebene Bio-Ray?

In the first place when i saw another similar brandi though its a fashion item for sportsman (like playing 10x more for Ashworth), cause they have one for every MLB team. It looks cool though, same as paying $100 for an 'authentic' soccer jersey.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:10 pm

tronos wrote:

In the first place when i saw another similar brandi though its a fashion item for sportsman (like playing 10x more for Ashworth), cause they have one for every MLB team. It looks cool though, same as paying $100 for an 'authentic' soccer jersey.

I have tried Ebene Elbow guards. Not cheap. Around $50+. Feedbacks ??? Sheer bollocks. Quality is so bad that the elasticity of the guard slackened by as much as 1/3 of its original size. Now I can used it for my thighs rather than my elbows. Can you visualised that? And the most important consideration.... NO EFFECTS AT ALL !!!!! Evil or Very Mad

titu
Back to top Go down
mojojojo
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:14 pm

I bought 1 Ebene ankle guard. Verdict......stupid lor. Waste $$.
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:58 pm

shorthitter wrote:
I think MoreChees bitchiness is because someone called BFG a "so called reputable shop" it is too many pages back for me to search who, but I thought that was a cheap shot too, especially as Eric had already stated investigations were underway and full refunds would be given if found to be fake.

My cent and a half! + gst! Beer

You are absolutely correct! I remember i did asked for clarification but, as usual he became quiet..... haizz..... Probably he knew that might cost him massive migraine ! so he change his tune to address eric as BOSS ! ooops , i said it , will i get migraine????
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:52 pm

Sorry for the delay but just need to make sure that when we post this we have made all the relevant checks and unbiased views from observers and myself.

Just to clarify what we are comparing. We call several outlets but could not get any stocks, we bought the first one (L size) from Motion Sports Paragon but it’s the old model. This cost us $69.90.

Then we went to their head office and ask them if they can verify its authenticity but they are unable to do so. They suggested that we go to their authorized reseller to find out and do not seemed interested.

So we went to Causeway Point Metro and ask the sales person. Again they could not authenticate and suggested we buy from them as they are the authorized reseller. So we bought the second piece (L size). We also paid $69.90 for this piece.

Here’s a comparison:

The Bands

The one in on the left is what we sold, the one in the middle is the one we bought from Motion Sports in Paragon and the one the right is the one we bought from Causeway Point Metro.

While the detailing is good (logo position, finesse and depth of the mould), the size of the logo is a fraction smaller than the one bought from Causeway Point Metro. (please see below)

The one we sold is the piece on the right. The one on the left is from Metro and the one in the middle is the old model from Motion Sports.

The Box

This is where it is obvious, the one of the left is the box supplied with the ones we sold. The middle comes with the old model from Motion Sports and the right comes with the one from Causeway Point Metro.

Besides the hologram on the top fight hand corner, all the boxes are printed, laminated. The one on the left, which is the ones we sold, did not have any hologram on the front. The new one from Causeway Point Metro had a overlay sticker pasted that reads “POWERBALANCE.PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGY” and the back had a lot more text than both.

View from the Back of the Band

This is where it is pretty obvious in the difference. The one that we sold is on the right and it is less translucent than the other 2. This is a clear sign that a different composite material is used. The main ingredient is likely to be silicon and not rubber. As for elasticity, the other 2 appears to be more elastic than the one on the right.

The Hologram

While the finesse of all three hologram appears to be quite consistent, there is a difference in the front layer of the hologram. In photography it’s difficult to tell. When you tilt the hologram, they all have the same colour variance and depth of reflection.

Now to cut to the chase, I do not think that the ones we sold are consistent with the ones that we bought from the authorized resellers – Motion Sports and Causeway Metro. I do not believe that they are the same.

Hence I would like to offer a full refund of whatever you have paid plus $10 for each band to cover for your time and transport.

Please let me know if you have any other issues and do let Frostee for Bukit Merah and Ivan for OCC know when you are coming so that we can prepare cash for you.

There is no need to have a receipt as we should have it in the record. Please make your way to return the bands and get a refund by the end of October unless you are traveling at this point of time.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience, uncertainty and misrepresentation caused and we have now put in place a more stringent selection process that requires more due diligence on our part for consigned items.

If you have any other issues, please PM or call us at 64712272.

Sincerely,

DGman

PS - after this exercise i think i am an expert in authentification of PB products.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Kudos to DGMan, for the effort and professionalism shown.

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:50 pm

Tituman wrote:
tronos wrote:

I have tried Ebene Elbow guards. Not cheap. Around $50+. Feedbacks ??? Sheer bollocks. Quality is so bad that the elasticity of the guard slackened by as much as 1/3 of its original size. Now I can used it for my thighs rather than my elbows. Can you visualised that? And the most important consideration.... NO EFFECTS AT ALL !!!!! Evil or Very Mad

titu
I have ebene and the elasticity is still good... maybe u bot old stock?
Doesn't work for you doesn't mean doesn't work for all mah.... I have almost all of these guards/bands/bracelets.. I don't go around calling them sheer bollocks just because they don't work for me.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:09 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
Tituman wrote:
tronos wrote:

titu
I have ebene and the elasticity is still good... maybe u bot old stock?
Doesn't work for you doesn't mean doesn't work for all mah.... I have almost all of these guards/bands/bracelets.. I don't go around calling them sheer bollocks just because they don't work for me.

Ha ha OK Squirrel you win Laughing I used too strong words to described my frustration. Sway lor. Must have bought old stocks like you said. Both can be used for thighs now and it will sure to be looser soon. Wonder if Dr Tor have refunds or one for one exchange for defective products?? Question lol!
Back to top Go down
laybeedlang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:07 am

Thanks DGman for your analysis and all the effort made to clarify this issue. Really appreciate your unbiased and honest report about the bands and your kind offer to refund those who bought it. I will come by to return the bands the next 2 days. Thanks very much once again.
Back to top Go down
pink panther
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:00 pm

Boss,

Sad to say that BFG have come till this far and yet this kind of things can happened. As you mentioned that your stocks is under consignment,can you tell everbody who is the company that supply to you. This will help to serve a warning to other club-fitter or retailers to avoid this company.

Cheers

Ping Golf

Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:55 pm

No point, they have gone above and beyond.... all who are due a refund go and collect and move forward.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
pink panther
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:45 pm

shorthitter wrote:
No point, they have gone above and beyond.... all who are due a refund go and collect and move forward.....

No Goverment.........i better go for my refund by next week.

Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:19 pm

pink panther wrote:
shorthitter wrote:

Cheers Jump

Why you government har !! since u say no govt, i suggest u go tomorrow, dont wait liao
Back to top Go down
pink panther
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:29 pm

and68low wrote:
pink panther wrote:
shorthitter wrote:

Cheers Jump

Why you government har !! since u say no govt, i suggest u go tomorrow, dont wait liao

Aiyo only $100,why must so desperate to go tomorrow to collect refund.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:35 pm

pink panther wrote:
and68low wrote:
pink panther wrote:
shorthitter wrote:

Cheers Jump

Because you kiasu ?????? ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:39 pm

pink panther wrote:
and68low wrote:
pink panther wrote:
shorthitter wrote:

Cheers Jump

Ha ha you so funny! "only $100 why must so desperate", but u say no goverment mah! another ROTI prata !... haizzzz

Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:48 am

[quote="and68low''] another ROTI prata !... haizzzz

[/quote]

Ayam or Kambing? pirat
Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:03 am

and68low wrote:
pink panther wrote:
and68low wrote:
pink panther wrote:
shorthitter wrote:

Cheers Jump

Ha ha you so funny! "only $100 why must so desperate", but u say no goverment mah! another ROTI prata !... haizzzz

My office got a roti prata boss, any order???

HAHA!

Pinky: Yeah lor, U kan cheong first... now say dont need rush -.-''
Back to top Go down
ethee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:16 am

I have read the detailed unbiased review. Thanks to DGMan.

I believe the power of the PB is in the hologram and NOT the silicon strap. According to the PB website, its the hologram that resonates with the natural energy field of the body.

If a particular PB-version is cheaper and it still works for me, i would still be a happy customer. Btw, i do not use PB ; i use another product - Quantum

Cheers,
ethee

Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:27 am

im not using anything....... >.<
Back to top Go down
Exigence78
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi,

Wanna applaud DGMan for his professionalism.

In the harsh real world, the onus is on the consumer. Guarantees and warranties nowadays are also "limited".

I have also learnt from this thread more about PB...although the effects still not obvious to me:P

Cheers DGMan!
Back to top Go down
pink panther
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:22 pm

and68low wrote:
pink panther wrote:
and68low wrote:
pink panther wrote:
shorthitter wrote:

Cheers Jump

I not roti prata, is roti bao lan pah.....
Back to top Go down
pink panther
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:25 pm

cristel wrote:
and68low wrote:
pink panther wrote:
and68low wrote:
pink panther wrote:
shorthitter wrote:

Cheers Jump

My office got a roti prata boss, any order???

HAHA!

Pinky: Yeah lor, U kan cheong first... now say dont need rush -.-''

I not kan cheong about the $100, i only worry the stuff that i am wearing is fake.
Like someone mentioned before, so long you buy from them confirm is not FAKE stuff.
Back to top Go down
pink panther
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:26 pm

Tituman wrote:
pink panther wrote:
and68low wrote:
pink panther wrote:
shorthitter wrote:

Cheers Jump

Because you kiasu ?????? ROFL ROFL ROFL

Bro if i kiasu, is there any problem with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!   Today at 6:09 pm

Back to top Go down

Power Balance Wristbands at S$4.40!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next