Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
goooof
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 13
Join date : 2010-10-17

PostSubject: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:03 pm

I am comparing the above 2 types of shafts and cant tell the difference even after reading thru the descriptions.

Is weight or "kick" point more important to look for in a steel shaft? Wink
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Best way is to try from fellow forumners who have these shafts.
Back to top Go down
goooof
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 13
Join date : 2010-10-17

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:31 pm

just wondering, does any shops allow trying of shafts for free?

asahi wrote:
Best way is to try from fellow forumners who have these shafts.
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 390
Join date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:52 pm

Don't really get your question, but you can just drop by Golf House and you should be able to find a mizuno model with both the shafts you mentioned and you can try both. If not, go to the Suntec outlet and use the fitting cart.

Btw the NS Pro and PX feel VERY different. Most of the time people will like one and not the other, never met anyone who likes both.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:55 am

Marketing will always say that their product is the best and use 'cheem' and 'deep' words to impress the crap out of u.

the only way to tell the difference is to try it and feel on your own...


all i can say is that visual difference is that PX has a much lower ball flight... the feel is also EXTREMELY different..
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:57 am

goooof wrote:
just wondering, does any shops allow trying of shafts for free?

asahi wrote:
Best way is to try from fellow forumners who have these shafts.

not meaning to sound sarcastic but just telling to you straight up; if you have a genuine interest to try, I am sure the shops will let u try.

believe most decent club fitters will have these shafts already on demo clubs. u can go there and try...
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1594
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:32 am

Best to try with the same head...
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1121
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:55 am

problem testing is... the set, with project X or KBS tour, i want is on ebay so have no intention of buying locally yet. So malu to ask for testing when i know i will not be buying...DG and NSpro more common so can try with friend's set but KBS tour a bit more exotic..

Personally very interested to try the Mizuno swing DNA but cannot pull a straight face in asking for a fitting and then pull out of the sale latter.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:46 pm

Smile

that is the problem with local consumers here.


then just suck it up. buy it and hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
goooof
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 13
Join date : 2010-10-17

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:51 pm

Thanks, the "demo clubs" option seem a good solution to try out the shaft w/o asking too much from a shop...


mUAr_cHEe wrote:
goooof wrote:
just wondering, does any shops allow trying of shafts for free?

asahi wrote:
Best way is to try from fellow forumners who have these shafts.

not meaning to sound sarcastic but just telling to you straight up; if you have a genuine interest to try, I am sure the shops will let u try.

believe most decent club fitters will have these shafts already on demo clubs. u can go there and try...


Last edited by goooof on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2668
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 35
Location : Pasir Gudang / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:51 pm

tronos wrote:
problem testing is... the set, with project X or KBS tour, i want is on ebay so have no intention of buying locally yet. So malu to ask for testing when i know i will not be buying...DG and NSpro more common so can try with friend's set but KBS tour a bit more exotic..

Personally very interested to try the Mizuno swing DNA but cannot pull a straight face in asking for a fitting and then pull out of the sale latter.
Exactly like what MC said... Just buy it then if cannot use... Sell to us lah!!!
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1121
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:43 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
tronos wrote:
problem testing is... the set, with project X or KBS tour, i want is on ebay so have no intention of buying locally yet. So malu to ask for testing when i know i will not be buying...DG and NSpro more common so can try with friend's set but KBS tour a bit more exotic..

Personally very interested to try the Mizuno swing DNA but cannot pull a straight face in asking for a fitting and then pull out of the sale latter.
Exactly like what MC said... Just buy it then if cannot use... Sell to us lah!!!

problem is i am on the other end on the spectrum, waiting for someone to buy, find it not suitable, make a big dent on a 6 or 5 iron and sell the whole set for 1/2 price Razz

Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:57 pm

then u slowly wait...
Back to top Go down
Exigence78
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-08-26
Age : 38
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:44 pm

hi...was using NSPro R on my MX-25 - lightweight and allows the weight of the club head to work. however, after 2 years, i think the flex may have been affected after abusing the clubs due to poor play....

changed to Nike VR Split Cavity with Project X 5.0 - currently, the shaft flex allows more accurate shots BUT i lost in terms of distance (noticeable) as compared to NSPro.....otherwise, I think Project X gives better accuracy......

Although the 2 club heads are different but can definitely feel the difference in the shaft performance....
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 5118
Join date : 2009-06-18
Location : Home sweat home...

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Ur lofts are already different for the 2 models. That's why the results are different.

_________________
Stay Thirsty My Friends...
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 749
Join date : 2009-12-17
Age : 33
Location : Anywhere!

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:17 pm

tronos wrote:
problem testing is... the set, with project X or KBS tour, i want is on ebay so have no intention of buying locally yet. So malu to ask for testing when i know i will not be buying...DG and NSpro more common so can try with friend's set but KBS tour a bit more exotic..

Personally very interested to try the Mizuno swing DNA but cannot pull a straight face in asking for a fitting and then pull out of the sale latter.

called up GH earlier and asked them about the Mizuno fitting cos i considered that too. And they said if you buy the clubs from them, the fitting is free, otherwise, it will cost 100
Back to top Go down
fabulous
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 358
Join date : 2009-07-04
Age : 47
Location : One Amber

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:09 pm

NS PRO lighter shaft compare with ProjectX unless u modify the shaft.
I'm currently using Titleist 710 with NSPro 950GH stiff as my previous model 735CM using ProjectX 5.5 in term of shaft the ProjectX better for me ( weight wise ) as NS Pro the shaft lighter need some adjustment on my swing. Both are good shaft better buy one of them and do some customized from the pro shop who sell you the shaft .
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:42 pm

With my present std, I cant tell the difference if its PX, NS, KBS or even construction steel

(ok...the last one is abit far fetch...but its just an illustration.....and you get my drift)

Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4638
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:01 am

where can I find comparison between PX and KBS?
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1043
Join date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:10 am

zhenxua wrote:
where can I find comparison between PX and KBS?

The Den... Wink
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:13 am

zhenxua wrote:
where can I find comparison between PX and KBS?

Simple, buy a set of Ah Dumbs MB (btw bro, i saw alot of set around USD450 with PX or KBS shaft, so search properly) in PX, then go den, ask your idol to bring his, then you can get instant feedback. Smile THen you decide KBS is the one, then can get a set from DGman on the spot.

But just ask yourself if you are hitting your current Ah Peks good with the KBS or not? I am tried PX and PX Flighted(Old model), but the KBS still more lively. 2nd being the PX flighted, then the PX.
Back to top Go down
Exigence78
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-08-26
Age : 38
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:30 pm

Hi there... just an update ... have been unable to handle the irons on Project X 5.0... discovered that too stiff for me Razz as a result I have also lost 10 m (driving range) on each of the club compared to my previous set....

Have reverted back to NSPro 950 Stiff instead... getting back the distance and accuracy...

Perhaps one way to decide is to test out clubs, borrow from friends and play 1 or 2 rounds with it first?

Happy New Year to everyone:)
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4638
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:13 pm

duffader wrote:
zhenxua wrote:
where can I find comparison between PX and KBS?

Simple, buy a set of Ah Dumbs MB (btw bro, i saw alot of set around USD450 with PX or KBS shaft, so search properly) in PX, then go den, ask your idol to bring his, then you can get instant feedback. Smile THen you decide KBS is the one, then can get a set from DGman on the spot.

But just ask yourself if you are hitting your current Ah Peks good with the KBS or not? I am tried PX and PX Flighted(Old model), but the KBS still more lively. 2nd being the PX flighted, then the PX.

agree with you bro, the KBS is more lively

the ah peks are serving me well lah ... but when I hit idol's MBs, it's orgasmic man, that's why I really itching to buy ...
Back to top Go down
r510tp
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 94
Join date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:20 pm

Here's my 2cents based on my feel:
Smile

PX 5.0 / 5.5 / 6.0
- quiet / muted feedback even on sweet spot contact (compared to NSPro)
- "stings" the hands on off-center iron contact
- shot dispersion is much tighter (most approach shots are still nearer the pin than NSPro)
- at least 20g heavier than NSPro950
- low trajectory
- low spin
- better suited for aggressive hitters who "goes after the ball"
- suitable for flex tuning via tip trims & hard/soft stepping

NSPro 950GH "R" and Stiff
- very lively & soft feel compared to PX and Dynamic Gold (DG)
- rarely "stings" the hands even on mishits when fitted to blades
- highest spin compared to PX & DG
- weighs only 95g
- low kick (even though the specs say mid-kick)
- high trajectory compared to PX & DG
- more suitable for smooth swing
- not advisable for someone with steep swing who takes deep divots after the ball
- generally plays a little softer than stated flex as compared to PX & DG
- not recommended for flex tuning (tends to have dead / harsh feel)

Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:30 am

r510tp wrote:
Here's my 2cents based on my feel:
Smile

PX 5.0 / 5.5 / 6.0
- quiet / muted feedback even on sweet spot contact (compared to NSPro)
- "stings" the hands on off-center iron contact
- shot dispersion is much tighter (most approach shots are still nearer the pin than NSPro)
- at least 20g heavier than NSPro950
- low trajectory
- low spin
- better suited for aggressive hitters who "goes after the ball"
- suitable for flex tuning via tip trims & hard/soft stepping

NSPro 950GH "R" and Stiff
- very lively & soft feel compared to PX and Dynamic Gold (DG)
- rarely "stings" the hands even on mishits when fitted to blades
- highest spin compared to PX & DG
- weighs only 95g
- low kick (even though the specs say mid-kick)
- high trajectory compared to PX & DG
- more suitable for smooth swing
- not advisable for someone with steep swing who takes deep divots after the ball
- generally plays a little softer than stated flex as compared to PX & DG
- not recommended for flex tuning (tends to have dead / harsh feel)

Smile

good one for feel....just to add a few points on a quick guide.

PX is high kick which is suitable for golfers who goes at the ball, hence they will normally have a more acute negative angle of attack and make divots with 5 or 6 iron. it can have a harsh feel if you do not go at it 90 to 100%.

NS pro is great for those who hit with a slight negative angle of attack usually only takes divots only with the shorter irons. this shaft allows users to go at it from 80 to 100%. friendly and suitable for stronger lofted iron set.

Finally the KBS is a little more like the NS pro in terms of feel and the PX in terms of performance. thats why for a 3 year old shaft, its doing very very well. The designer of the shaft is Kim Braly who was also the designer of the original PX (satin) shaft.

performance....

if you have an aggressive or very fast takeaway, the PX will feel more stable with higher resistance to vibration and more efficient energy transfer on the touch then the NS pro. Vice versa the NS pro will feel more at home for those who are changing from graphite to steel for the first time. In most cases very few individuals will feel at comfortable if they switch from OEM graphite shafts to PX for the first time.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft   Today at 5:52 am

Back to top Go down
 
NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» NS Pro Shaft or Project X Shaft
» New Project X Shaft
» driver with stock shaft
» For those that can't hit well with a TM stock shaft
» steering shaft...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Equipment Reviews-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.