Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Giving strokes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:57 pm

S70B wrote:


That's why playing w ppl like Mowen is fun. From giving him 4-4 to 3-3 n now level, he has shown vast improvement n which ever way the money goes, it's sure to be a fun clean exciting game.

that i can relate to....

years back, i give mowen 5-5...

now we play level....

i can sense his pride when playing level with me....

i, too, feel proud for him for not asking strokes from me...

mowen, what a player......
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:02 pm

I want to be a Mowen
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:04 pm

Nothing is Impossible......
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2715
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 30
Location : EEEEAAAASSSSTTTTT

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:07 pm

I'd love to give strokes... Cos it means that I can play. But my standard always have to take strokes from ppl.

Tfp: bro don't like that la. U have to give me strokes with ur recent form
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:22 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
@Duffader: bro, Kranji is a full day affair lah, my leave is running out liao so can't join.
For Warren, I can take half day but if I buy putter means can't afford to play.
Anyway, you guys enjoy yourself...

Joking lah. Warren is worth playing in the morning. But if u guys want to play afternoon, I m always game for it.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:32 pm

slinger...please return the ZAC to the Den...

from your signature, we know you are a ZAM user.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:33 pm

Duval_S wrote:
I want to be a Mowen

I want to be a Slinger...

Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:45 pm

I have a group of kakis in malaysia who are my partner's pillars in the company. They pick up golf like maybe less than a year. And i think they are weaker than most of the people inside this forum. But i admire their guts. I am a low 90s player but they only ask 3-3 max from me and we dun play match play, we play stroke play at RM10 a stroke and the rules is no giving up. So most of the time, they will hit a 8-9 on a par 3(water hole) but they still persist on. I really learn alot about their attitude and thats why i ask for less strokes now. hehehe

Aside to Khorkar, i am still waiting for your challenge.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:47 pm

shamusan wrote:
eh, i want in on the game... 3-3 for me is enough...

I remember your FB posting leh. LEVEL!!! ur short game improve so much within a week but for bro sake, i give you 3-3.
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1471
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:52 pm

Wow ...

Thank Slinger and S70B for the kind words

But yes I do feel good when i play level with Slinger And S70B ..

If win ... i feel damm good ..

Like on tue i lost 1up to Slinger i felt good too at least it is not one sided

For S70B .. I know we are of different standard .. but since the stakes are small . I willing to have a go at him .. plus playing in Keppel .. the good players may not have a advantage also ..

So my advice ... those who want to take on ASS ... Go to keppel... I can imagine Captain and S70B sinking in more putts on faster greens ..

This Sunday Keppel .. MC play level swee bo ?
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3469
Join date : 2009-11-04
Age : 41
Location : Live beside the King

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:53 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
ChrisD wrote:
Alvin promise to give me 2-2 when we play next round. Uppers...

Which Alvin?? scratch

Not alot of Alvin around lei. Who else but u.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:53 pm

mowen wrote:
Wow ...

Thank Slinger and S70B for the kind words

But yes I do feel good when i play level with Slinger And S70B ..

If win ... i feel damm good ..

Like on tue i lost 1up to Slinger i felt good too at least it is not one sided

For S70B .. I know we are of different standard .. but since the stakes are small . I willing to have a go at him .. plus playing in Keppel .. the good players may not have a advantage also ..

So my advice ... those who want to take on ASS ... Go to keppel... I can imagine Captain and S70B sinking in more putts on faster greens ..

This Sunday Keppel .. MC play level swee bo ?

Please lah.... MC will give you strokes..... Smile
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1471
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:56 pm

duffader wrote:
mowen wrote:
Wow ...

Thank Slinger and S70B for the kind words

But yes I do feel good when i play level with Slinger And S70B ..

If win ... i feel damm good ..

Like on tue i lost 1up to Slinger i felt good too at least it is not one sided

For S70B .. I know we are of different standard .. but since the stakes are small . I willing to have a go at him .. plus playing in Keppel .. the good players may not have a advantage also ..

So my advice ... those who want to take on ASS ... Go to keppel... I can imagine Captain and S70B sinking in more putts on faster greens ..

This Sunday Keppel .. MC play level swee bo ?

Please lah.... MC will give you strokes..... Smile

I don't want MC's Strokes !!! after the topic he posted a few days ago on the Manhood .. I not showering in Keppel.... Wait he want to check mine wat colour tone ...
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:09 pm

DGman wrote:
slinger...please return the ZAC to the Den...

from your signature, we know you are a ZAM user.

DGman

changing to ZAC.....

i cfm buying liao....actually my wife cfm buying for me

my 40th birday present...
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3469
Join date : 2009-11-04
Age : 41
Location : Live beside the King

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:30 am

mowen wrote:
duffader wrote:
mowen wrote:
Wow ...

Thank Slinger and S70B for the kind words

But yes I do feel good when i play level with Slinger And S70B ..

If win ... i feel damm good ..

Like on tue i lost 1up to Slinger i felt good too at least it is not one sided

For S70B .. I know we are of different standard .. but since the stakes are small . I willing to have a go at him .. plus playing in Keppel .. the good players may not have a advantage also ..

So my advice ... those who want to take on ASS ... Go to keppel... I can imagine Captain and S70B sinking in more putts on faster greens ..
You mean before or after.... The raba.
This Sunday Keppel .. MC play level swee bo ?

Please lah.... MC will give you strokes..... Smile

I don't want MC's Strokes !!! after the topic he posted a few days ago on the Manhood .. I not showering in Keppel.... Wait he want to check mine wat colour tone ...
Back to top Go down
Hogan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 88
Join date : 2010-10-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:24 am

what does 2-2 mean? my friend say just follow the handicap can already.
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1471
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:47 pm

slinger wrote:
DGman wrote:
slinger...please return the ZAC to the Den...

from your signature, we know you are a ZAM user.

DGman

changing to ZAC.....

i cfm buying liao....actually my wife cfm buying for me

my 40th birday present...

WOW 40 ?? .. thought u still 30s leh ... with that Golden Hair .. u look young leh ..

Zen Putter got belly putter or not ?
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4638
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:51 am

you mean shifu is only 40??? he looks like lao ah pek ...
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3623
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 45
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:13 pm

he think too much and have heavy burden mah...especially over this few weekends.. he raelly really very serious on the pairing...only a clean sweep will give him justice for all the overtime planning and thoughts..
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3248
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 41
Location : Serangoon Central

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:49 pm

Haiz .. You all are too much... Such "ah boy" look where got Lau ah pek. He and Alvin are one kind, always look young.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes   Today at 6:29 am

Back to top Go down
 
Giving strokes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Giving strokes
» Giving strokes
» what does gimme the green mean and how to give strokes?
» Keeping track of strokes
» Giving 100% effort

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.