Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in
Share | 

Cleaning & Caring for your Clubs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
kwannick
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning & Caring for your Clubs   Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:44 pm

clau wrote:
but i have this feeling that it might be the reason why the "goldish" finish on the putter seems to be disappearing or wearing off.. anyone has this experience as well?

Same here. The honey dip finish doesn't last. I've only had it for a year plus! Can see some unsightly scratches on the flange area as well...distracting when lining up for the putt...

The feel however, is top notch! Wondering if there is any club maker who can strip the finish and do it up again in a simple matt black finish.
Back to top Go down
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning & Caring for your Clubs   Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:27 pm

slinger wrote:
u can try those fabric shampoo for upholestry....

those canister, think 3M, can be found in most supermarket....

Ok will go find later, thx for the info bro.
Back to top Go down
nirvani
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning & Caring for your Clubs   Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:49 pm

Advisable to use those white sponge cubes from Daiso? Those made in japan ones where you put a bit of water and rub... seems to remove stains and grit very effectively.
Back to top Go down
slep3er
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning & Caring for your Clubs   Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:15 pm

nirvani wrote:
Advisable to use those white sponge cubes from Daiso? Those made in japan ones where you put a bit of water and rub... seems to remove stains and grit very effectively.

I think those are used to clean the club to make it looks like new more than to clean the clubs properly. Just my 3 cents worth of opinion. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ngjw89
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning & Caring for your Clubs   Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:15 pm

nirvani wrote:

it's very effective for cleaning the white Taylormade heads, although i've heard using it too often will erode the paint. used it on mine once after every detergent, soap and cleaning agent in my house failed to remove the black stains on my driver, and it looks good as new after cleaning
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning & Caring for your Clubs   Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:07 pm

ngjw89 wrote:
nirvani wrote:

it's very effective for cleaning the white Taylormade heads, although i've heard using it too often will erode the paint. used it on mine once after every detergent, soap and cleaning agent in my house failed to remove the black stains on my driver, and it looks good as new after cleaning

Those are good for cleaning off the sticky residue when you pull out the shaft labels too!
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning & Caring for your Clubs   Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:21 pm

clau wrote:
hmm i sprayed quite a bit of WD40 on my scotty california and then stuffed the head back into the cover in an attempt to evenly line the cover with oil so i wouldnt have to oil the putter often..
[IGT] You did the right thing.

but i have this feeling that it might be the reason why the "goldish" finish on the putter seems to be disappearing or wearing off.. anyone has this experience as well?
[IGT] Do a search on internet, you will get similar quries and feedback. Some Scotty lines discolor; think California and Circa 62 are some of them. It should not affect playability but definitely look sucks....like hyena.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning & Caring for your Clubs   Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:25 pm

IGT wrote:
clau wrote:
hmm i sprayed quite a bit of WD40 on my scotty california and then stuffed the head back into the cover in an attempt to evenly line the cover with oil so i wouldnt have to oil the putter often..
[IGT] You did the right thing.

[IGT] Do a search on internet, you will get similar quries and feedback. Some Scotty lines discolor; think California and Circa 62 are some of them. It should not affect playability but definitely look sucks....like hyena.

hyenas have been known to kill lions.... rendeer
Back to top Go down
TK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning & Caring for your Clubs   Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi guys I have been cleaning my club heads and shafts as often as possible...

But I was wondering something after I got a new pair of gloves, is there a way to clean your grips? I was watching Luke Donald's instructional videos from Mizuno and his gloves are very nice and white. My new gloves turned grey at the palm and finger area where it meets the grip after one session at the range!

Does anyone clean their grips? Question
Back to top Go down
skitter
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning & Caring for your Clubs   Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:19 pm

I use a scrub sponge.

Will scrub once over with slighty soapy water. Then a second time with clean water to get rid of soap residue. Towel down and air dry after.

Side note is that you do not want to get your grips too wet, so try to squeeze out as much from your sponge as you can before use.

I find my gloves still gets blackish, but feel that this at least keeps the grips tacky. This is basically just to remove grime from the surface.
Back to top Go down
iluvcookies
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning & Caring for your Clubs   Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:58 pm

Guys I clean my grip with "Tuff Stuff" from STP. Its a multi purpose cleaner and works well on my white grip!!! Try it
Back to top Go down
TK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning & Caring for your Clubs   Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:48 am

Great I will give those a try, thank you!
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning & Caring for your Clubs   Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:07 am

kwannick wrote:
clau wrote:

Same here. The honey dip finish doesn't last. I've only had it for a year plus! Can see some unsightly scratches on the flange area as well...distracting when lining up for the putt...

The feel however, is top notch! Wondering if there is any club maker who can strip the finish and do it up again in a simple matt black finish.

i also have the same problem here. my putter is oil can finish and it start to rust now. i also wanna do refinish to a different colour. any recommendation?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning & Caring for your Clubs   Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:56 am

audi wrote:
kwannick wrote:
clau wrote:

i also have the same problem here. my putter is oil can finish and it start to rust now. i also wanna do refinish to a different colour. any recommendation?

satin finish....

i never like oil can cos it will always fade n rust....
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning & Caring for your Clubs   Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:58 am

recommendation i mean where can i do it locally? thanks
Back to top Go down

Cleaning & Caring for your Clubs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next