Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Buy golf shafts from Far East Shopping Centre shops..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 118
Join date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Buy golf shafts from Far East Shopping Centre shops..   Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:35 pm

Considering that you know which exact shaft you want, it is ok to get it from FESS shops? Reputable?

I am shopping around for quotation/availability, the shops there are cheaper than more esteemed club fitters in S'pore.

My point is not the funny dilemma of cheap = fake or what, but as what to look out for when buying shafts? For our consumer protection... Anyone has experiences to share of any such issues there?

Well my experience so far is that the workmanship is basic and limited.. Perhaps get from FESS and go other shops install better.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Buy golf shafts from Far East Shopping Centre shops..   Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:41 pm

word of mouth is always the best for me
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Buy golf shafts from Far East Shopping Centre shops..   Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:06 pm

kooky wrote:
Considering that you know which exact shaft you want, it is ok to get it from FESS shops? Reputable?

I am shopping around for quotation/availability, the shops there are cheaper than more esteemed club fitters in S'pore.

My point is not the funny dilemma of cheap = fake or what, but as what to look out for when buying shafts? For our consumer protection... Anyone has experiences to share of any such issues there?

Well my experience so far is that the workmanship is basic and limited.. Perhaps get from FESS and go other shops install better.

If you know the specs and the amount to cut your shafts... like tipped stiff, step down blah blah... then maybe you an do that... but you can even order from internet cos its even cheaper.

We go to proper clubfitters to make sure that the shaft is really suitable for us, and able to try various options on the spot might give you an option of getting a more suitable shaft than you think....

Sometimes, this kind of money not worth saving....
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 390
Join date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Buy golf shafts from Far East Shopping Centre shops..   Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:16 am

I doubt they sell fake shafts.. never heard of this one before. But its definitely not a good idea to have them install it. Their knowledge of club making is very basic. Simple things like adjusting grip size they won't understand.
Back to top Go down
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 118
Join date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Buy golf shafts from Far East Shopping Centre shops..   Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:35 am

duffader wrote:

If you know the specs and the amount to cut your shafts... like tipped stiff, step down blah blah... then maybe you an do that... but you can even order from internet cos its even cheaper.

We go to proper clubfitters to make sure that the shaft is really suitable for us, and able to try various options on the spot might give you an option of getting a more suitable shaft than you think....

Sometimes, this kind of money not worth saving....

hey, just wondering which online website is reputable to get golf shafts? Thanks
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Buy golf shafts from Far East Shopping Centre shops..   Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:37 am

Reputable i dun know... but you can try www.ebay.com. The only reputable one that i know is tourspecgolf. But their price, also reputable... Smile
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Buy golf shafts from Far East Shopping Centre shops..   Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:23 am

Yessss....very reputable.$$$$$$$
Back to top Go down
bb2
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 126
Join date : 2010-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Buy golf shafts from Far East Shopping Centre shops..   Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:37 am

I do all my installations, change of shafts at Greenfield. shafts you get there are all legit. as said services will be limited to installation, grip size check and extension given the shop space, but you can be assured that the workmanship will be top notch plus they are well stocked with the latest and most popular shafts and golf grips.

you don't catch me hanging around a place a lot if their services suck.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1324
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 35
Location : Sometimes Serangoon Sometimes India

PostSubject: Re: Buy golf shafts from Far East Shopping Centre shops..   Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:28 am

Fareast shoppin centre shaft?

1 of my japanese colleague has bad experience buyin shaft frm there. I duno wat shop name thou.

He is a beginner still goin for lesson.
One day he went far east to buy nspro shaft as his was too stiff n heavy.

After buy, he went for lesson.
While practisin half swing, he duff on the mat n the shaft broke at the grip part. 1 of hos finger got slit n hav to go for stitching.

From then, he has phobea of makin full swing.
According to him, the core of the shaft looks rusty.

He went back shop with the broken shaft to conplain but shop guy deny sayin it mus b my colleague fault.

After tat, duno wat else happened ler. Very Happy

Mayb its just isolated case but becareful ba.

Back to top Go down
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 295
Join date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Buy golf shafts from Far East Shopping Centre shops..   Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Hey bro kooky, I will be shipping in some shaft from this guy over eBay. Will you wanna get something from there and we can combine the shipping? For shipping of shaft, 1 to 5 pieces doesn't makes a big difference. Chk out the link below,

http://shop.ebay.com.sg/todd1186/m.html
Back to top Go down
Ping-putter
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 13
Join date : 2010-11-29
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Buy golf shafts from Far East Shopping Centre shops..   Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:00 am

I used to travel to China and visting Pro shop in China become one of my activity when I am free. Apperantly, most Pro Shop claims that they have the lobang to get the real shafts....I paid the price when I was newbie there and soon become friend wth them and I stopped buying too.
I saw a few shafts display in the shop at Far East Shopping come from China. I was told by my Chinese Pro Shop that they supply to Singapore. Is it real???? Fat hope.
They repaint the sub-standard and cheaper OEM shaft with popular brand or model. I had took some shaft and test by my friend with pro equipment. And the torlrance too large and hard to fix.
My advice..good thing no cheap and cheap thing no good when we come to the shaft thing.
Back to top Go down
santander
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Buy golf shafts from Far East Shopping Centre shops..   Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:47 pm

no problem so far .... knock on wood!!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Buy golf shafts from Far East Shopping Centre shops..   Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:06 pm

kooky wrote:
duffader wrote:

If you know the specs and the amount to cut your shafts... like tipped stiff, step down blah blah... then maybe you an do that... but you can even order from internet cos its even cheaper.

We go to proper clubfitters to make sure that the shaft is really suitable for us, and able to try various options on the spot might give you an option of getting a more suitable shaft than you think....

Sometimes, this kind of money not worth saving....

hey, just wondering which online website is reputable to get golf shafts? Thanks

www.golfworks.com

Many clubmakers/clubfitters buy their stuff from them. I bought shafts and grips from them. The customer service lady named Donna is a bit daft but the products are genuine and not expensive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Buy golf shafts from Far East Shopping Centre shops..   Today at 5:37 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Buy golf shafts from Far East Shopping Centre shops..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Buy golf shafts from Far East Shopping Centre shops..
» golf shop at far east shopping center
» Where can I find funky golf shoes and TM burner driver 2011 ?
» 2nd hand golf shops in Far East Shopping Centre
» A question about a shop in Far East Shopping Centre

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.