Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

A PC delimma

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A PC delimma   Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:05 pm

duffader wrote:
he bought from neighbouring country, exchange rate applies. so if 20hcp, means 20/2.3 = 8.7hcp. Smile

This makes absolute sense Idea

Which also means if I buy mine from Australia.... then I get to multiply by 1.3? hehehe!
Back to top Go down
hoppie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A PC delimma   Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:54 pm

hmm........today i went to OCC and check out mygolfkaki academy. When i asked about taking HCP without PC, the instructor there i suppose told me say cannot. He says i must get PC before i can go for HCP test. Can someone confirm? or is he wrong?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A PC delimma   Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:06 pm

hoppie wrote:
hmm........today i went to OCC and check out mygolfkaki academy. When i asked about taking HCP without PC, the instructor there i suppose told me say cannot. He says i must get PC before i can go for HCP test. Can someone confirm? or is he wrong?

He is wrong and trying part you from your hard earn money.
Back to top Go down
hoppie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A PC delimma   Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:20 pm

Khorkar wrote:
hoppie wrote:

He is wrong and trying part you from your hard earn money.

Yeah, i was trying to correct him but he seems to insist that he is right, but maybe he meant i need PC to go to the green then i can get scorecard? I think that's what i heard from him. Haiz......i brought my wife there thinking to take up some refreshment course, saw some Gary's Edwin Academy instructor still there.

Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A PC delimma   Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:32 pm

His PC is as good as useless as probably not recognized elsewhere other than the club that he teaches. Marina GC is probably a good example. Bring the PC there, they will still force you pay and take their miserable swing test.

It is not necessary to obtain scorecards in SG, you can play and get them in JB. Most of the courses there are recognized (except for Kukup). Plus, in JB there is more flexibility when it comes to playing without a HCP. I have known golfers that been playing for years, dont have an official HCP and dont need it either.

Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: A PC delimma   Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:28 am

duffader wrote:
he bought from neighbouring country, exchange rate applies. so if 20hcp, means 20/2.3 = 8.7hcp. Smile

Best post.

Like this post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
hoppie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A PC delimma   Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:25 am

Khorkar wrote:
His PC is as good as useless as probably not recognized elsewhere other than the club that he teaches. Marina GC is probably a good example. Bring the PC there, they will still force you pay and take their miserable swing test.

It is not necessary to obtain scorecards in SG, you can play and get them in JB. Most of the courses there are recognized (except for Kukup). Plus, in JB there is more flexibility when it comes to playing without a HCP. I have known golfers that been playing for years, dont have an official HCP and dont need it either.

I playing with years without HCP Razz Just thought i wanna get 1 so that i can play in US or Aus if i happen to go there.

BTW, you are saying Mygolfkaki Academy PC is not USGA recognize? Can recommend a better place for Lessons + PC, wanna help my wife get some good refreshment lesson and a PC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A PC delimma   Today at 6:29 am

Back to top Go down

A PC delimma
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Golf Academy :: Ask The Pro-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.