Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ping Drivers K15 & G15

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dsim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Ping Drivers K15 & G15   Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:16 pm

I intend to buy either a Ping K15 or G15 driver....noticed genuine online store is cheaper than that on offer in Spore..is it because of the shaft on offer here are Japanese specs agst the US counterpart. I did a demo on the titleist 910D3 and was told I need a fujikura motore F3 stiff, but at Ping was told to go regular.
Anyone can comment..my swing speed is around 90mph.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Drivers K15 & G15   Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:24 pm

It's best to get something that is suitable rather than hoping that's it's suitable. Exercise knows it's always cheaper to get online, however same shaft react differently on different heads so best to try it out on a ping directly.
Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Drivers K15 & G15   Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:33 pm

Hi Dsim

Can share my insight with u. I started with the G15 with the TFC S flex shaft and after I'd gotten stronger, I felt tt the shaft was a little soft whenever I go for it.

I'd recently been informed tt a fujikura motore F3 stiff would be suitable for me when, like u, demoed the 910. Imo, the fukikura is a much stiffer shaft than the TFC shaft. So, it's a bit strange tt u were informed to go for a TFC R flex shaft. Were u swinging consistently when demoing both clubs? Maybe, u wld like to retest the Ping driver? Dunno about the K15, but the G15 is a keeper Smile

Good luck in your choice of driver!
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Drivers K15 & G15   Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:31 am

I think this thread from golfwrx should explain why you having yr dilemma on Ping. The problem is due to the shaft specs, they arent apple to apple comparison.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/380866-ping-tfc-shaft-specs/
Back to top Go down
dsim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Drivers K15 & G15   Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:24 pm

TITW wrote:
Hi Dsim

Can share my insight with u. I started with the G15 with the TFC S flex shaft and after I'd gotten stronger, I felt tt the shaft was a little soft whenever I go for it.

I'd recently been informed tt a fujikura motore F3 stiff would be suitable for me when, like u, demoed the 910. Imo, the fukikura is a much stiffer shaft than the TFC shaft. So, it's a bit strange tt u were informed to go for a TFC R flex shaft. Were u swinging consistently when demoing both clubs? Maybe, u wld like to retest the Ping driver? Dunno about the K15, but the G15 is a keeper Smile

Good luck in your choice of driver!

Thanks for the input....I guese I may go for more testing. Wish choosing shaft is easier!
Back to top Go down
dsim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Drivers K15 & G15   Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:26 pm

Khorkar wrote:

I think this thread from golfwrx should explain why you having yr dilemma on Ping. The problem is due to the shaft specs, they arent apple to apple comparison.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/380866-ping-tfc-shaft-specs/

Thanks for the inpuit.I guese one have to do more testing with diff shafts to find out..easier said than done though.
Back to top Go down
zephyr_bloom
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Drivers K15 & G15   Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:38 pm

Coincidentally, Titleist and Ping are having Demo Days on same day (28 Dec) at Marina Bay range. Understand Titleist will have trackman dring demo. And i think Ping is having custom fitting trial ($10 for guest if i recall correctly from MGK newsletter). I have asked my partner to drop by the two booths as there have been good reviews for their latest equipment - " one stone kills two birds" Wink
Back to top Go down
dsim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Drivers K15 & G15   Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:19 pm

zephyr_bloom wrote:
Coincidentally, Titleist and Ping are having Demo Days on same day (28 Dec) at Marina Bay range. Understand Titleist will have trackman dring demo. And i think Ping is having custom fitting trial ($10 for guest if i recall correctly from MGK newsletter). I have asked my partner to drop by the two booths as there have been good reviews for their latest equipment - " one stone kills two birds" Wink

Oh, thanks maybe I attend the Ping,s $10 is okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ping Drivers K15 & G15   Today at 4:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Ping Drivers K15 & G15
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1