Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Ping G15 Driver

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Ping G15 Driver   Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:31 pm

I just stole a quick glance at the US version of Golf Digest which has their equipment hotlist again. It had a whole bunch of new gear from the usual suspects but what amazed me was that the Ping G15 driver continues to remain a hot favorite and was given a gold rating. The G15 driver isn't new but somehow, managed to keep abreast with the pack if not ahead of it.

That's pretty impressive. I was thinking of sidelining my G15 in favor of the DST but am now having second thoughts.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:53 pm

Tspaz, forget abt DST la, G15 is a better driver for the average joe.

Did you buy yr DST?
Back to top Go down
Cornball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 163
Join date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:02 pm

I'm quite gian about the k15 though.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:05 am

Khorkar wrote:
Tspaz, forget abt DST la, G15 is a better driver for the average joe.

Did you buy yr DST?

Yup, got both the G15 and DST. The DST was cheap off eBay and it's the draw variant which I like.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:20 am

The G15 is great!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:21 am

The G15 is great!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:22 am

Techno: how does the draw bias made a diff in ur drives? Like when u compare a neutral vs draw on the same head?

Does the ball starts left? Or start right then left or it just eliminate left to right spin?
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4638
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:00 am

I miss my G15 ...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:07 am

If I have the ability to handle a G15, I will sure like G15.


Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 814
Join date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:20 am

Khorkar wrote:
Tspaz, forget abt DST la, G15 is a better driver for the average joe.

Did you buy yr DST?


Yes PING!
I am eyeing on the K15 Driver and K15 3 wood, SR shaft!!
if possible 5 wood also included!!

ha ha!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:20 am

pushslice wrote:
Techno: how does the draw bias made a diff in ur drives? Like when u compare a neutral vs draw on the same head?

Does the ball starts left? Or start right then left or it just eliminate left to right spin?

Put it this way: it helps my ball on the right side rough, as opposed to the fairway of the neighboring hole.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4638
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:20 am

Technospaz wrote:
pushslice wrote:
Techno: how does the draw bias made a diff in ur drives? Like when u compare a neutral vs draw on the same head?

Does the ball starts left? Or start right then left or it just eliminate left to right spin?

Put it this way: it helps my ball on the right side rough, as opposed to the fairway of the neighboring hole.

*buzz*
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:39 am

zhenxua wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
pushslice wrote:
Techno: how does the draw bias made a diff in ur drives? Like when u compare a neutral vs draw on the same head?

Does the ball starts left? Or start right then left or it just eliminate left to right spin?

Put it this way: it helps my ball on the right side rough, as opposed to the fairway of the neighboring hole.

*buzz*

Buzz your head'lah. You use a 910 and whip the ball onto the fairway at least 50-80m ahead of me.

I have to use a hybrid just to get my ball to where you are.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:49 am

TS, just need hybrid to match his distance ah? affraid
Back to top Go down
Online
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:55 am

blee2007 wrote:
TS, just need hybrid to match his distance ah? affraid

Bro, you've missed the conversation.

Let me illustrate it for you:

ZX: Drives 250m. Center of the fairway.
TS: Drives 170m, right side in the deep rough. Hence, I need to use my hybrid to punch my ball out to where ZX is... my 2nd shot.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:03 am

Technospaz wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
TS, just need hybrid to match his distance ah? affraid

Bro, you've missed the conversation.

Let me illustrate it for you:

ZX: Drives 250m. Center of the fairway.
TS: Drives 170m, right side in the deep rough. Hence, I need to use my hybrid to punch my ball out to where ZX is... my 2nd shot.

ah... ok.. but hor, if short par 4, ZX drives 250m.. over green into rough too. Saw it happen at NSRCC Kranji. Don't forget that.. it was an experience I will not forget.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Online
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:04 am

Driver over the green... nice.


_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:08 am

Yup!
Back to top Go down
Online
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:52 am

Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
Driver over the green... nice.



wah....show off ah ????? I think this is part of the mind warfare. Remember when Tiger was in his early years in the PGA tour, he makes it a point to max out his drive to intimidate his flt mate....


Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:59 pm

Bros

Either way, it's damn impressive!

Kudos!!!!
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:02 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
Driver over the green... nice.



wah....show off ah ????? I think this is part of the mind warfare. Remember when Tiger was in his early years in the PGA tour, he makes it a point to max out his drive to intimidate his flt mate....



DS, I don't think it was a show off matter by ZX la. I think he just miscalculated that he can drive that far on that hole... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Online
Cornball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 163
Join date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:12 pm

Every thread seems to end off by saying who out-drove who and then some would go on to talk about giving strokes.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:00 pm

Cornball wrote:
Every thread seems to end off by saying who out-drove who and then some would go on to talk about giving strokes.

flavor of the year bro. Very hard to finalize the GR handicap table, coz the usual suspects refuse to show their hands Laughing

Hope year 2011 will be year where GR focus on Iron play...I'm actually jaded with driving and short game discussions.
Back to top Go down
Cornball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 163
Join date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:07 pm

As my friend once wisely told me, the driver is the club you'd hit the least (< 14 times) per game but it's the most emotional and most ego boosting (or deflating).
Back to top Go down
ringrain_78
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 248
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:36 pm

I'm using the G15, love the sound of impact..."pingggggggggg", very forgiving.

Personally, I had stuck a 4gm lead tape to close club face during the downswing and it worked very well for me now.

But I find that the stock shaft (TFC - R) is way too soft and whippy, had to change to an aftermarket option to obtain better consistency with less scattering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 Driver   Today at 8:47 am

Back to top Go down
 
Ping G15 Driver
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Ping G15 Driver
» Ping G10 Driver
» Stolen Woman's PING Rhapsody Driver
» Ping I20 Driver Black on Black on Black
» Ping G25 Driver

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.