Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 MBGC raises range ball prices

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4638
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:03 am

ironstarz wrote:
This morning I already saw one lone guy in the middle of the field at sengkang near the mosque at buangkok there practicing chipping loh.

must be bro duval
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 939
Join date : 2009-07-22
Age : 38
Location : Golfless City

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:25 pm

Anycan advise is the marker in MBGC Range in meter or yard?

Also why when i practise at MBGC Range, my shot seems weak... like not penetrating strong as compare to OCC Range? Is it some this to do with the ball or wind?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Meters. But sometimes they are not exactly as stated on the plank. E.g. Left side 100m is actually 104m. Left side 50m is 47m. I used my range finder from ground level.

The top winds at mbgc Can be very strong, and most of the time, blow towards you. During the afternoons, see the tall trees on the far left side. If The top branches bend means strong winds blowing at certain height. Try punch shots and they will hold the line much better.
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 939
Join date : 2009-07-22
Age : 38
Location : Golfless City

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:08 pm

Oh thank for the advice... But i can't punch my shot well... Razz

Cos i usually range at OCC then kaki suddenly wanna try MBGC so went... then find not so used to it...

Any idea is OCC range marker in yard? Cos felt the marker at OCC much nearer.
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2702
Join date : 2009-12-11
Location : golf club graveyard

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:30 pm

jtek wrote:
Oh thank for the advice... But i can't punch my shot well... Razz

Cos i usually range at OCC then kaki suddenly wanna try MBGC so went... then find not so used to it...

Any idea is OCC range marker in yard? Cos felt the marker at OCC much nearer.

meters. but i think they are off.. use a range finder.. PS you ever lasered the distance?
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:38 pm

pushslice wrote:
Meters. But sometimes they are not exactly as stated on the plank. E.g. Left side 100m is actually 104m. Left side 50m is 47m. I used my range finder from ground level.

The top winds at mbgc Can be very strong, and most of the time, blow towards you. During the afternoons, see the tall trees on the far left side. If The top branches bend means strong winds blowing at certain height. Try punch shots and they will hold the line much better.

Erm bro, your range finder like not very accurate. Remember OCC last Sunday?
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 939
Join date : 2009-07-22
Age : 38
Location : Golfless City

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Maybe should get a range finder... Smile
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:46 pm

No lah, on the course i was trying to aim the flag with my shaky hands, i might have aimed trees behind it plus all the waters spraying in front

on the Range, they are big metal planks. I dun miss one Laughing
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:11 pm

Ha ha. Ok
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1527
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 51
Location : singapore

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:13 pm

i also have this problem.

wonder if i shd aim at th hole or flag when i use range finder bcos on several times, i aimed at flag, it give a much further distance than it should be. think the laser shoot n kena the area behind the green.

i always use the distance marker and confirm the distance again given by range finder.
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2702
Join date : 2009-12-11
Location : golf club graveyard

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:20 pm

poresia wrote:
i also have this problem.

wonder if i shd aim at th hole or flag when i use range finder bcos on several times, i aimed at flag, it give a much further distance than it should be. think the laser shoot n kena the area behind the green.

i always use the distance marker and confirm the distance again given by range finder.

poresia,

here's some tips i read coming across how to use a laser range finder from some website on golf.

- range for the distance to the front of the green like the bunker that you need to clear. that's the minimum distance you need to clear.
- range for the back of the green like the trees where it is near the back edge.. not those too far away. this is the distance you should not go beyond to avoid going off the green.
- range for the flag if you can and this distance can be confirmed by the minimum and maximum distance you have just ranged.

- if there is a golfer on the green still putting out, you can laser them, they are bigger targets to shoot at. hehe

good luck!
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1004
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 37
Location : Dubai

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:18 pm

Some of the Bushnell rangefinders have pinseeker technology, which makes finding the distance to the flag really easy!
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 680
Join date : 2009-06-24
Location : The 'fine' city of Singapore

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:36 am

MBGC DR needs new and better quality range balls if they are going to raise the rates.

They also should recalibrate the distance marker signs for accuracy.

However, I LOVE the practice greens for putting chipping training.

It;s just too far (and expensive via taxi) for me to go there anymore cos I have no personal vehicle anymore.

CK
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1527
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 51
Location : singapore

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:58 am

mizzy wrote:
poresia wrote:
i also have this problem.

wonder if i shd aim at th hole or flag when i use range finder bcos on several times, i aimed at flag, it give a much further distance than it should be. think the laser shoot n kena the area behind the green.

i always use the distance marker and confirm the distance again given by range finder.

poresia,

here's some tips i read coming across how to use a laser range finder from some website on golf.

- range for the distance to the front of the green like the bunker that you need to clear. that's the minimum distance you need to clear.
- range for the back of the green like the trees where it is near the back edge.. not those too far away. this is the distance you should not go beyond to avoid going off the green.
- range for the flag if you can and this distance can be confirmed by the minimum and maximum distance you have just ranged.
if there is a golfer on the green still putting out, you can laser them, they are bigger targets to shoot at. hehe



thanks for the information.

it give me a boarder perspective on golf especially your ranging of front of green and back of green.
too many golfers including me at times are too focus on "where is the pin?" although I often guide the beginnrs to attack the green and not always attack the pin.

yes, usually i aim range finder at the golfers at the green in front of us provided i can catch up with them.

-good luck!
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1255
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 99
Location : Teban Garden

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:17 am

mizzy wrote:

- range for the distance to the front of the green like the bunker that you need to clear. that's the minimum distance you need to clear.
- range for the back of the green like the trees where it is near the back edge.. not those too far away. this is the distance you should not go beyond to avoid going off the green.
- range for the flag if you can and this distance can be confirmed by the minimum and maximum distance you have just ranged.
Will this style of reading taking too much time? Pardon me but when I see the green is cleared and my front flight still taking out his scope to check this, check that and then hit a rolling shot, I will be very piss off. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:23 am

best is to aim at the front flight while they are still on the greens. Human bodies are easier to aim than the pin, and we'll be ready to swing once they clear.

and JC wont be pissed off Very Happy
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:27 am

wow..seems like the range finder are very useful...

bro, can you advise me on the average, how much is one range finder ?

thank you
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2702
Join date : 2009-12-11
Location : golf club graveyard

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:32 am

jimmychoo wrote:
mizzy wrote:

- range for the distance to the front of the green like the bunker that you need to clear. that's the minimum distance you need to clear.
- range for the back of the green like the trees where it is near the back edge.. not those too far away. this is the distance you should not go beyond to avoid going off the green.
- range for the flag if you can and this distance can be confirmed by the minimum and maximum distance you have just ranged.
Will this style of reading taking too much time? Pardon me but when I see the green is cleared and my front flight still taking out his scope to check this, check that and then hit a rolling shot, I will be very piss off. Evil or Very Mad

hahaha.. of cos pay attention to golf etiquette.. like PS suggested, use the bodies..

unless your flight is the first flight.. cos in singapore, every flight is typically waiting to hit their approach whilst the golfers on the green are putting out.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:36 am

Basic model (with flag seeking feature) retails at US$ 299 before shipping. Sometimes Cally Nikon model has $50 off. That's the cost.

What's the worth to me?

it gives me the distance towards the hazards. So I can pick clubs that (even on good shots) will not get me into hazards or clear me off the hazards.

I play faster because I dont think so much about distance, club selection, looking for markers etc

When you know you have the right club, then if you miss long or short, you know its your swing. Not your aim.

DISCLAIMER:
- You have to have STEADY hands when aiming. My hands shake like a crack addict Laughing
- Play with a good kaki who owns a range finder is as good as having one bwahaha
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:55 am

i always got problem reading the distance right...ended up i always ask my buggy mate how far is the distance...i also felt paiseh...think maybe a range finder will help me better
Back to top Go down
bogey_free
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 145
Join date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:08 am

i second on the pinseeker function on the bushnell rangefinders.
i have used a few and the bushnell is the easiest to pick out the flag by far.
when u hold down the button for half a second or so ... the finder will shoot out a few beams and it will pick the closest one which is the flag unless your aiming is off.
but if the flag is limp with no wind... it will be difficult to pick out with any finder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: MBGC raises range ball prices   Today at 2:32 am

Back to top Go down
 
MBGC raises range ball prices
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» MBGC raises range ball prices
» Laguna drving range card top up
» Ball marks from dirty range balls. :(
» MBGC Golf Pro
» Turf City Range Opening Hours & range ball costs?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Courses and Ranges-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.