Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Ping Anser Forged irons 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:13 am

recently bumped into a set of Ping Anser Forged irons at a golf outlet and it looks quite sxey..

anyone using it?

never used Ping irons before. What are the characteristics?

thank you
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:21 am

Bro Andrew...

Itchy backside again? So fast.....
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:27 am

Khorkar wrote:
Bro Andrew...

Itchy backside again? So fast.....


hee....
Back to top Go down
smallhorse
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 146
Join date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:36 am

Just one word on those irons. "Good Stuff".
Forgiving and again "Good Stuff".
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:38 am

bro andrew

ur golf bag veri chio leh...nice !!
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:42 am

golf_snowman wrote:
bro andrew

ur golf bag veri chio leh...nice !!

haha.. thanks bro.. think its the only one in SG...
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:52 am

go check out the ping owners thread...there are some users of the anser irons. I tried on the mat/simulator at Marina GH and felt it was bit harsh.

for an original Ping experience, must try their cast cavity back like i15. It's on my hot list for a while now.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:23 am

pushslice wrote:
go check out the ping owners thread...there are some users of the anser irons. I tried on the mat/simulator at Marina GH and felt it was bit harsh.

for an original Ping experience, must try their cast cavity back like i15. It's on my hot list for a while now.


what do u mean by harsh?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:27 am

Vibrations on the hand, esp on mishits. Not soft enough on good hits. It could be the shaft.
Back to top Go down
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 181
Join date : 2009-08-31
Location : SG

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:29 am

i hit the g15/i15/anser side by side.. i thot the anser would have the best feel, but surprisingly was teh i15...
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:29 am

pushslice wrote:
Vibrations on the hand, esp on mishits. Not soft enough on good hits. It could be the shaft.

i see.. i think the shaft may be too soft..
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:30 am

weaponx wrote:
i hit the g15/i15/anser side by side.. i thot the anser would have the best feel, but surprisingly was teh i15...

hmm interesting...

cast feeel is better den forged feel...
Back to top Go down
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 181
Join date : 2009-08-31
Location : SG

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:42 am

andrew-golf wrote:
weaponx wrote:
i hit the g15/i15/anser side by side.. i thot the anser would have the best feel, but surprisingly was teh i15...

hmm interesting...

cast feeel is better den forged feel...

haha i know, i was surprised! altho i don't think its a full forging, only parts of it (but i dunno which parts!)

u should hit all 3 and then decide, altho the size of the G15 might put you off
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:43 am

yaaaa.. size does matter to me!

wahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:53 am

andrew-golf wrote:
yaaaa.. size does matter to me!

wahahahahaha

the bigger the better or the smaller the better ?...haha !!
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:55 am

golf_snowman wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
yaaaa.. size does matter to me!

wahahahahaha

the bigger the better or the smaller the better ?...haha !!


bro, can you dun be so obscene?

hahahahahhaaa
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:55 am

weaponx wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
weaponx wrote:
i hit the g15/i15/anser side by side.. i thot the anser would have the best feel, but surprisingly was teh i15...

hmm interesting...

cast feeel is better den forged feel...

haha i know, i was surprised! altho i don't think its a full forging, only parts of it (but i dunno which parts!)

u should hit all 3 and then decide, altho the size of the G15 might put you off

weaponx, I also get what you mean!. Ping i15 felt better to me, solid, not harsh (same shaft). G15 bulging soles put me off, but I'd love to try them on course. Too bad can only hit off mat.
Back to top Go down
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 181
Join date : 2009-08-31
Location : SG

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:03 am

pushslice wrote:
weaponx, I also get what you mean!. Ping i15 felt better to me, solid, not harsh (same shaft). G15 bulging soles put me off, but I'd love to try them on course. Too bad can only hit off mat.

yeah, i was surprised... guess the "forged" thing didnt work for ping after all! i muz say tho, the anser does look sexy, at least they got something right!

i suspect if you hit them side by side off a launch monitor, you might feel differently about the G15 Razz
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:05 am

andrew-golf wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
yaaaa.. size does matter to me!

wahahahahaha

the bigger the better or the smaller the better ?...haha !!


bro, can you dun be so obscene?

hahahahahhaaa

ROFL ROFL

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:48 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
recently bumped into a set of Ping Anser Forged irons at a golf outlet and it looks quite sxey..

anyone using it?

never used Ping irons before. What are the characteristics?

thank you

I am using the Ping Anser Forged since July last year. Very good feel and control.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:30 pm

simoner wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
recently bumped into a set of Ping Anser Forged irons at a golf outlet and it looks quite sxey..

anyone using it?

never used Ping irons before. What are the characteristics?

thank you

I am using the Ping Anser Forged since July last year. Very good feel and control.
\


bro simon,

can give more details?

thanks haahhahaa
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:36 pm

The club is very forgiving despite being a forged and small cavity.

This is the best part, despite swinging at a slower swing speed, I am hitting the ball close to 10m further than my previous sets, Callaway X14 and Nakashima
cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Ping Anser Forged irons 2010   Today at 10:19 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Ping Anser Forged irons 2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Dynacraft Forged Irons
» Ping Anser
» How do take care of Forged Irons?
» R9 forged irons review
» better with forged irons?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Equipment Reviews-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.