Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:36 pm

pocketace wrote:
Bro skybobo, I made par bfore using option 1 leh. Think that rd u not playing with me. Your issue is u get disturbed by the length of the hole. I think getting out with a 5 for that hole is repectable regardless of white or blue tee.

Btw, u should tell others of the story of ur father in law, how he plays this hole
Can't rem liao
But he normally driver and 5 wood on.....
Good distance consider he is 66 yrs old liao
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:37 pm

kian wrote:
Hi bro I tink u should use ur 3w
not so consistent leh...hmm maybe if i do it slowly it will be better ah
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:39 pm

slinger wrote:
skybobo wrote:

Will you
1. Tee off with driver, follow by 3w and then chip on
2. Tee off with driver, follow by 5i, follow by AW

99% of the time, I will do option 1 and most of the time, I walk away with bogey
I'm now thinking if I do option 2, I have high chance of par for the hole
Thanks.


m, if u do option 1 n walk away with bogey all the times.... that means your short game not good enough.....

personally, i willl do option 1, mayb not 3w but 5w (more consistent, remember OB right), most of time ball will be in the valley before the green, left with only 20-40m chip depending on pin position...... good short game win you games
Thank you Andrew, will rem your point.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:40 pm

zhenxua wrote:
skybobo wrote:
My drive is about 200m - quite confident
My 3 wood is about 180m - not so confident
My AW is around 70m - quite confident
My 5i is around 150m - quite confident
My chipping is SCSC

Will you
1. Tee off with driver, follow by 3w and then chip on
2. Tee off with driver, follow by 5i, follow by AW

99% of the time, I will do option 1 and most of the time, I walk away with bogey
I'm now thinking if I do option 2, I have high chance of par for the hole

Note: have not try option 2 before

Let me know your comments.
Thanks.

questions:
1) what do you mean by "confident"?
2) how near can you put the ball beside the hole with the AW?
Hi bro, confident means out of 10 shots, can pull of 7 to 8
With AW, I can put it around 3ft to 5ft....(with good lie)
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:42 pm

shorthitter wrote:
skybobo wrote:
My drive is about 200m - quite confident
My 3 wood is about 180m - not so confident
My AW is around 70m - quite confident
My 5i is around 150m - quite confident
My chipping is SCSC

Will you
1. Tee off with driver, follow by 3w and then chip on
2. Tee off with driver, follow by 5i, follow by AW

99% of the time, I will do option 1 and most of the time, I walk away with bogey
I'm now thinking if I do option 2, I have high chance of par for the hole

Note: have not try option 2 before

Let me know your comments.
Thanks.
Yes coach....but sometimes too ego lah, want to hit 3w....shiok ah

You want my comments my man?????????? Smile

What is your handicap and what is the index of the hole..... I know both the answers......

For the rest of you.... if the index is lower than your handicap then you are NOT expected to par the hole, if you do it is a bonus....

Either option above is fine because you are 3 on, 2 putt make 5 and you have nett parred the hole... if you make 4 you have birdied it....

I have had this quarrel with skybobo a million times, yes we all want to par the hole off the stick but if you are a handicap golfer use it to your advantage.......
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:43 pm

Winston wrote:
Thr first thing I learnt from playing with my friends is to PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTHS!

And of course an element of luck is always involved in the game.

By highlighting that you are more consistent by playing option 2, so why even consider option 1????

Sorry if I come across as being rude or blunt, but that is the price to pay for asking for my help......heheheheheheh joking joking......see you back in Singapore, let me know which day you are free....
Hello bro, thanks for helping me buy the ?????? Smile
Aiyah option 2 is safer but not so glam leh
Option 1, if u can pull off means u hit a great 3w....wah the feeling is shiok ah
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:46 pm

duffader wrote:
Leisure game, go for option 1, betting game, go for option 2.....

Like what slinger say, got to practise the short game. And also SH comments, you got hcp, make use of it, but remember, one of these days, that hole may not be a hcp hole for you anymore. (Sorry, i am assuming its a index 7 or 8 for this hole.)

Thanks bro, it will always be a index hole for me lah unless i can go single this year Smile
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2789
Join date : 2010-05-10
Age : 31
Location : In YOUR fairway...

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:55 pm

Birdman wrote:
See what he wrote in the Zen vs Zen thread after claiming only a 200m drive here.


Shahmusan wrote:

i wanna have a long drive contest... especially with the chap with the girly stance whose 7i can hit an astounding 140m...

i claim an average drive of 200m... honestly... ask kian or eiji...
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4638
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:15 am

andrew-golf wrote:
shamusan wrote:
no... well, maybe for ppl like zx who is so damn long it is scary...

eh bro dun smoke me.unreliable sources says ur 7i is 200m!!!

I played with bro sham once at MBGC ... there was this 170m par 3 from the blue tee ... all of us took out hybrid and then he took out 7 iron and put it on ...
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:16 am

skybobo wrote:
Winston wrote:
Thr first thing I learnt from playing with my friends is to PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTHS!

And of course an element of luck is always involved in the game.

By highlighting that you are more consistent by playing option 2, so why even consider option 1????

Sorry if I come across as being rude or blunt, but that is the price to pay for asking for my help......heheheheheheh joking joking......see you back in Singapore, let me know which day you are free....
Hello bro, thanks for helping me buy the ?????? Smile
Aiyah option 2 is safer but not so glam leh
Option 1, if u can pull off means u hit a great 3w....wah the feeling is shiok ah

aaahhhh...so it all about the ego....come to HCMC, I ask my friend to help stroke it for you ok???? Twisted Evil

Seriously bro, I would rather take the unglam way and make sure I win the bet....
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4638
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:22 am

skybobo wrote:
zhenxua wrote:
skybobo wrote:
My drive is about 200m - quite confident
My 3 wood is about 180m - not so confident
My AW is around 70m - quite confident
My 5i is around 150m - quite confident
My chipping is SCSC

Will you
1. Tee off with driver, follow by 3w and then chip on
2. Tee off with driver, follow by 5i, follow by AW

99% of the time, I will do option 1 and most of the time, I walk away with bogey
I'm now thinking if I do option 2, I have high chance of par for the hole

Note: have not try option 2 before

Let me know your comments.
Thanks.

questions:
1) what do you mean by "confident"?
2) how near can you put the ball beside the hole with the AW?
Hi bro, confident means out of 10 shots, can pull of 7 to 8
With AW, I can put it around 3ft to 5ft....(with good lie)

wah lao eh bro, with this type of stats for AW, confirm go for option 2 liao, because that means 7 out of 10 times you're going for high percentage par ... since you can't put 2-on, may as well go for 3-on near pin ... but I'm assuming your short game is not as good lah ...
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:01 am

Bro ZX, how I wish I can hit long like u guys.
Tell me how u all hit so long ah???
I 'gu lat chu ka liao'.....driver also cannot go > 230m

Like that play blue very xiong leh.
Is it because I short? I 165cm only.....

But Miyazato also 1.5m but quite long right?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:51 am

Bro, methinks it's technique. e.g. me worse, 1.8m cannot hit past 220m (on a good day).

Figure that accelerating thru the ball would be a key factor here, as pointed out by some bros here.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:07 am

Height has its advantage but also disadvantage, they will get better arc and better leverage, but as the same time, their CG will be higher, so need to be stable too.

For your info, i played with one guy at nsrcc before, i think he is less than 1.7m. There is only one par 5 that he cannot put it two on, the rest is 2 on range and his 2nd shot is an iron. And he is not those muscular type too.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:13 am

duffader wrote:
Height has its advantage but also disadvantage, they will get better arc and better leverage, but as the same time, their CG will be higher, so need to be stable too.


Duffy, you good leh, spot on. Stability is an issue with me hence sometimes resulting in less than desirable drives.
Got to go Shaolin Shi and practice the 'horse stance'.

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:16 am

asahi wrote:
duffader wrote:
Height has its advantage but also disadvantage, they will get better arc and better leverage, but as the same time, their CG will be higher, so need to be stable too.


Duffy, you good leh, spot on. Stability is an issue with me hence sometimes resulting in less than desirable drives.
Got to go Shaolin Shi and practice the 'horse stance'.

Crying or Very sad

I pay alot of attention when i watching golf channel lah.... Smile
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:51 am

Shucks....I watch Golf Channel too......but wrong focus.

Always clouded by Park Hee Young, Natalie Gulbis etc..... Razz
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:14 am

asahi wrote:
Shucks....I watch Golf Channel too......but wrong focus.

Always clouded by Park Hee Young, Natalie Gulbis etc..... Razz

Actually, i learn alot from watching champions tour. And my idol is in that league.. hehehhe
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4638
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:14 am

yah, a stable base is very important to choot power, that's why I won't change my hur sian guu stance even after so many ppl laugh at me ...

but distance is nothing without accuracy, I could have hit it longer but then have to do jungle training every time ... so now I'm happy to just hit it 210m but with a much smaller dispersion ...
Back to top Go down
golfbeginner
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 818
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 37
Location : Around the corner

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:24 am

210m with a 4hybrid>?
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:29 am

no la.. with his 6 irons.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:29 am

zhenxua wrote:
yah, a stable base is very important to choot power, that's why I won't change my hur sian guu stance even after so many ppl laugh at me ...

He sian gu = stable? anyway, doesn't affect you much cos you not that tall.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:58 am

asahi wrote:
Shucks....I watch Golf Channel too......but wrong focus.

Always clouded by Park Hee Young, Natalie Gulbis etc..... Razz



think u watch Debbie Does Dallas better.......

better than shalin horse stance, methink will improve your core muscles....

clown
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:00 am

slinger wrote:
asahi wrote:
Shucks....I watch Golf Channel too......but wrong focus.

Always clouded by Park Hee Young, Natalie Gulbis etc..... Razz



think u watch Debbie Does Dallas better.......

better than shalin horse stance, methink will improve your core muscles....

clown

The low CG one has spoken... Smile Lunch?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:01 am

when? today?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue   Today at 8:31 pm

Back to top Go down
 
What will you do - NSRCC Airforce Hole 9 - 420m off blue
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» NSRCC member list (for 9-hole game in the evenings)
» 9 holes at NSRCC Changi today 29th Feb. Leap day!
» Sat 28 Apr - 825am NSRCC Airforce
» 9 holes today PM NSRCC
» Adieu - NSRCC Airforce

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.